Hey all -

I have decided to adopt a beautiful 38 yo male M2. That has a pretty unknown background. The only information supplied with him is that he is 38 years old and has now been through 6 different homes and now two shelters. Most recently he was sent up here to Minneapolis from a dog shelter in Kansas City, KS who had him for 7 months, once he arrived here he was adopted relatively quickly and has since been returned to them after 6 months as the guy who adopted got a girlfriend he found more interesting. So all the information I have is pretty much like a giant game of password having been passed on from home to home and shelter to shelter. Who knows what this old man has seen in his years around people. I have been visiting him a couple times a week at the shelter to interact with him and make sure we “click” and while I have been bit no less that once per visit, I can tell why he is biting and believe I’ll be able to work that behavior out of him with proper socialization and stimulation. Well, I have decided he is going to come to his final home on February 10th and I couldn’t be happier. I know it will be a long road ahead of my husband and I but I am extremely humbled that we can provide such a megestic creature a loving home. Currently the shelter he is at is doing an amazing job with him but I can’t wait to get him home. Anyways, I’d love to hear some advice and tips from those of you hear, expecially Cassie’s mom as I really enjoy you depth of knowledge and experience you share in regards to these birds. Fell free to ask me anything you want and I’ll try to answer it with the best of my ability, since I have only know the bird a short time.