I've had Kelly for about four month. In the four months things have changed a lot. I'm her third home and I used to work from home so could spend a lot of time with her. Two months ago I started at a new office in another town and had to travel alot. She stayed in my house with my brother and only saw me a few days at a time. A month ago I finally moved and took her with me. We are now in a much smaller apartment and I'm forced to leave her alone during the day to work. All these things could be the problem. So what she does is this...
I leave her outside her cage at all times except to sleep. So when I come home she comes rushing down her cage and runs to me. If I stand still she runs around me in circles a few times, then stops to sits on my foot, then runs around again. She'll do this until I give her attention and if I don't she will attack me. Sometimes she runs to me and bites immediately. She has drawn blood a few times. When I take her to sit with me she is very calm and wants to cuddle under everything. She tried to climb under my dress and when I took her out she bit me. I don't know if she's stressed with all the change or looking for a mate and is frustrated. I read a lot about mating signals so know not to encourage it. I would really like her to be a happy bird and for me to be her last owner. She isn't plucking feathers although she is losing more than usual which is probably molting.