I frequent my local bird rescue site and found this beautiful verse to share with you all. True and touching to say the very least...

I am not bright-eyed and brand new, I am not a baby that is adorable and immediately trusting. I have seen the world and had experiences that have become a part of me. People turn away from me. They don't want a bird who has "problems or issues." They don't want an "older" bird. They leave me behind because it is easier to have a "baby." It is easier to "start fresh." They don't know me, they don't really see me, they don't understand me.

I am not perfect. It is my quirks and my past that are a force to be reckoned with! Perhaps my feathers are a bit ragged and maybe I don't eat what you want me to eat, but all I need is for you to help me. Perhaps I may not trust you instantly, but the trust I give is something to be cherished and earned. Just because I may be afraid at first doesn't mean I don't adore you in my own way. I am a jewel, a diamond, a beautiful soul. Perhaps I am older, but love, respect and care have no age limit. Only give me a chance.

Do not turn away from me for fear of issues because so often I have none. My only "issue" is that I have no home and I am waiting for one. Waiting for someone to love me again. Waiting to be taught love and trust. Waiting for you. Love me for the life I have lived and the life we will live together. Because if you do, I promise I will rise like a Phoenix from the ashes of my old life and shine in my new life.

It seems everytime I am on the parrot forum, I have a parrot preening my head...