For some time now, I have had an alarming feeling about this message board. It seemed, at least to me, that most all questions and concerns were being answered by the Moderators. I am certainly not complaining about the Moderators! I am very proud of each and every one of them, they are very knowledgeable. I won't get into all their backgrounds but it is impressive. The lack of general membership participation is what was most concerning to me. One does not have to be an expert to share their knowledge of bird keeping.

If you have had birds for many years and have found things that work, do not be afraid to share! If you have learned things here at Mytoos, do not be afraid to point new members in the right direction. You do not have to wait for a Moderator. If you screw up, it will probably be pointed out, as it should be, but there is no GOOD reason for you not to share and help others.

The last week I have noticed others chiming in and to those members, the whole staff wants to thank you. This whole board is about helping others and there is no reason why everyone cannot participate. This is your board, be proud to be a member and don't "hide your light under a bushel"!