Okey dokey, heres my view on the matter (im on my way to an exam so excuse me if im repeating what others have said-i havent read all the posts!)
I think that birds should bite. I like seeing displaying cockatoos getting overly excited and chomping on some unsupecting toy that got in the way, they are exhibiting wild territorial defensive behaviour and I encourage natural behaviours like sleeping patterns, showering and
foraging.

I know of course that this environment is insuffiecient to mimic their wild habitat, but just because they arent in the wild is not enough for me to want to 'train out' any behaviours, and quite frankly, the idea of training out an innate behaviour is upsetting to me.
Quite simply, I like birds, and want birds to be as birdy as they can be within captivity (and within reason re:my own safety lol).

Of course im talking about theraputic biting, when birds want to communicate. I would never back perry into the corner (unless i had to give him meds) and besides he wouldnt bite me, but hes really not a 'normal' too (i.e hes still a bit scared of me, but im not going to explain all that complicated history on this thread).
What I dont condone however, is fear biting. If your too is aggressive, then take the proper precautions and dont handle him etc. If he is on the rampage, take cover, let him get it out of his system for the moment etc. Repetition biting is the real problem and behavioural training should be taken for this accordingly.

Finally, I do not think posters here wear their scars as badges of honour, i think this was flippant. When we are bitten, we have to learn from it. Why did it happen? Could it have been prevented? Is it a problem bite? etc. Those scars remind us what we have learnt and show our dedication to helping these desperate captured birds that we have forced to live with us.

They bite us because we have them in captivity, as long as you keep parrots in captivity they will treat you as any other bird and bite you. Although wild birds are different from captive bred, they have the same urges and desires as their wild counterparts, except with the added confusion of not knowing what they are supposed to be- the stories ive read on this site are testament to that!

It is our fault, but not through bad handling or misunderstanding, they are parrots, and their wildness will continue whether we are in their lives or not.