I'm only posting on here since I saw that one link - PETA: http://www.consumerfreedom.com/pressRelease_detail.cfm/release/258

I'm no fan of PETA. I hate them as much as the next valid Animal Rights activist does. The saddest part is, they do occasionally have some good points to make. Had they not filmed and just rescued the bird, everyone would think, "Awww, how nice!" instead of having these grotesque images etched in their souls. It might be sensationalism, but it works.

I mean, I owe the fact that I'm vegan due to PETA's persistent messages similar to this.

But again, I do not like PETA.

What I like less than PETA is that Web site I mentioned earlier. I understand people's knee-jerk reaction to hating PETA and wanting to believe anything negative about them they can, but check your sources first. That Web site is run by a food industry funded organization; the ones who have the most to lose if PETA wins people over. Their donors include such members as Taco Bell and other fast food chains and factory farming businesses - none of whom PETA has ever said anything good about.

So we may dislike PETA but Consumerfreedom.com is 10 times worse in their scale of violence and abuse to animals.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated"