Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 13 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#96114 - 01/22/05 05:30 AM Re: My flock...Done Deal!!!!!!!!  
Leigh Offline
Leigh  Offline

She is such a sweetheart! She opens up more each day. Biggest problem is that she feels she can fly to the ground with no wing feathers. frown I hope she moults out and leaves the new feathers alone. She will be just as gorgeous as Crystal! It was such fun taking the pics with her last night!

#96115 - 01/29/05 05:00 AM Re: My flock...Done Deal!!!!!!!!  
Leigh Offline
Leigh  Offline

I have some pictures I took tonight with Sassy and the flock on the playstand my husband Don built at work. Enjoy!

#96116 - 01/29/05 07:29 AM Re: My flock...Done Deal!!!!!!!!  
jaznblu Offline
jaznblu  Offline

San Luis Obispo, CA
Great pics Leigh!!

jaz

jaz
#96117 - 01/29/05 04:04 PM Re: My flock...Done Deal!!!!!!!!  
kylie Offline
Lives Here
kylie  Offline
Lives Here

United Kingdom
Oh leigh your new phots are great, look at poor Sassy, she looks happy though! What a diffence between their feathers, hopefully Sassy will turn right in the end, I'm sure being with Crystal will be helpful too. They look lovely playing together. Do they get on well?

#96118 - 01/30/05 12:44 AM Re: My flock...Done Deal!!!!!!!!  
Leigh Offline
Leigh  Offline

They get along fairly well. Sassy ended up driving him off the perch thinking it is hers though. I am hoping Crystal will teach Sassy good preening habits.

#96119 - 01/30/05 08:45 AM Re: My flock...Done Deal!!!!!!!!  
Katy Offline
Lives Here
Katy  Offline
Lives Here

MA
Leigh, they're looking great! So wonderful that everyone gets along so well. Sassy's just addorable! I hope she grows her wingfeathers in. It must be heartbreaking seeing her try to fly.

Just wondering--when your birds bicker or fight, what do they do? I've really only seen macaws 'rumble' and know that they get pretty aggressive looking towards eachother, but don't know about the 'toos. Is it normally just chasing eachother? Toe pecking? Do they 'beak' at eachother? Has anyone ever gotten hurt? I'm always so worried about letting Taylor and Zeeba play since I know how they could hurt eachother.

Katy smile

#96120 - 02/04/05 06:54 AM Re: My flock...Done Deal!!!!!!!!  
Leigh Offline
Leigh  Offline

Hey Katy!
Yes they do beak at each other. Sam and Crystal don't get along at all. Sam will chase Crystal trying to catch him and hurt him. For this reason we never leave them out at the same time in the same space. The girls don't seem to care. I think Sam just wants to rule the roost so to speak. He doesn't mind Willie or Sassy. Hey keep Sassy in your prayers. We went through more broken blood feathers tonight. Seems neverending. frown

#96121 - 02/09/05 03:55 AM Re: My flock...Done Deal!!!!!!!!  
Sydnee Offline
Sydnee  Offline

Spokane Washington
Leigh,
I loved seeing you with your "girls" on your chest. Your entire flock is beautiful. Sassy is just as beautiful as the others. They are lucky to have a loving mom.
Thanks for the pictures.
Tamara

#96122 - 02/09/05 06:22 PM Re: My flock...Done Deal!!!!!!!!  
Marie & Peaches Offline
Lives Here
Marie & Peaches  Offline
Lives Here

Somehow I missed the new pics. They are so cute! They must enjoy looking outside from their play stand.

#96123 - 03/06/05 09:09 PM Re: My flock...Done Deal!!!!!!!!  
angie Offline
Lives Here
angie  Offline
Lives Here

grand forks,nd
Leigh,
Somehow I missed all of the new pics!!! Sassy is so cute!! And the new cages that you got are great!!! Glad to see that everyone looks happy and healthy.
Angie

#96124 - 05/01/05 11:04 PM Re: My flock...Done Deal!!!!!!!!  
kylie Offline
Lives Here
kylie  Offline
Lives Here

United Kingdom
Not sure if you still read Leigh or if anyone emails her, but I was wondering how she was getting on with Sassy.

#96125 - 05/02/05 01:02 AM Re: My flock...Done Deal!!!!!!!!  
angie Offline
Lives Here
angie  Offline
Lives Here

grand forks,nd
I talk to Leigh and it sounds as if Sassy has been doing wonderful.....Leigh...if your reading, how about an update????? wink

#96126 - 05/04/05 05:27 AM Re: My flock...Done Deal!!!!!!!!  
Leigh Offline
Leigh  Offline

Hi Everyone, was on hiatus. Sassy IS doing just wonderfully! She has no more fear of coming out of her cage. As soon as I open it she "launches" onto my cupped together arms and hands. She is "Queen of the Couch." She is still having plucking issues, but we haven't had to pull but two feathers in the last month or so. At one time she actually had 3 feathers on her tail! Of course a week later they were gone. She has a new one already though. We have two new arrivals here in the flock to report also. Ethel is a white and blue budgie. My friend had her and "Fred" for several years. When he died, Ethel was so depressed that Pam asked me if she could join B.J. Well they had issues at first but are good friends now. NO BREEDING, JUST PALS!!!!!!!
We also rescued Maggie i.e. Magnolia. She is a 20 year old moluccan female. I had heard of a woman trying to find her a home, and when I went to see her she was in a cage 24X24X43!!!!!!!!!!
I was horrified! She has a Macaw cage now and is very happy. I would like to bring up something all of the Too parents need to know. Her previous owner did not know the importance of various size perches. Maggie's left foot is SEVERLY arthritic from standing on the same 2 inch perch for 16 years. 2 of her toes do not work at all. We have several smaller perches in with her now to work her foot and she seems to be getting some mobility in the foot back. She was one of the last wild caught in the States from what I was told. She is tattoed as the vet showed me when I took her for her well exam. She did pass with flying colors though. We have had her about a month now. She and my Willie (female U2) are good buddies. Well, gotta go. Have to get up early.
Nice to be missed!

Leigh

#96127 - 05/04/05 03:10 PM Re: My flock...Done Deal!!!!!!!!  
angie Offline
Lives Here
angie  Offline
Lives Here

grand forks,nd
Hi Leigh.....
I am glad to hear that everyone is doing fine around there!!! Sounds like Maggie is fitting right in with the flock...we will have to get her and my Peaches together for a play date!!!
I will call you as soon as things slow down here.
Angie

#96128 - 05/05/05 12:12 AM Re: My flock...Done Deal!!!!!!!!  
kylie Offline
Lives Here
kylie  Offline
Lives Here

United Kingdom
Oh its so good to hear that Sassy is doing well. I think of her a lot being LS2 mum myself, you'll have to post some newer pictures of her and some of new additions. Nice to hear from you again. Hope you are well. smile

#96129 - 05/05/05 05:13 AM Re: My flock...Done Deal!!!!!!!!  
Leigh Offline
Leigh  Offline

Hi Kylie! Hi Angie!
There are a couple new pics up for perusal. I have to get more of Ethel, Maggie and the rest of the flock to post. Hope to get my son to take them tomorrow. smile

Hey Angie! Udate your profile with the new babies of your flock!!!!!!!!

#96130 - 07/26/05 04:14 AM Re: My flock...Done Deal!!!!!!!!  
Leigh Offline
Leigh  Offline

Well, As Jerry was mentioning, success is about to be shared. I have been using "Pluck No More" for about a month and a half. I use it on Sassy, Willie, and Sam. While the new pictures show Sassy with a few broken blood feathers again, if you look closely you can she not only her 3 inch wing feather, but also a tail feather and several wing feathers trying hard to survive Sassy biting on them. Willie now has almost every chest feather back, if you go to the last few pictures you can see just how naked she had been. Sam is also improved. He has many feathers back, but not all yet. I can't say enough about how glad I am to have found it! Also meet our budgies, B.J. and Ethel. Rumour our Tiel, Maggie the Mollucan and Crystal our other LSC2. Darrell's batteries were going on the camera so after I get new ones I will not only get better pictures, but also pics of Mia our new Quaker. My girl-friend moved to Kentucky where they are illegal and asked us if we would take her. She is 3 years old and SOOOOOOOOOO sweet. She will lay on her back on your hand to be stroked on her belly! It is so cute! Hopefully tomorrow I will get them online. Enjoy!

#96131 - 07/26/05 11:47 AM Re: My flock...Done Deal!!!!!!!!  
kylie Offline
Lives Here
kylie  Offline
Lives Here

United Kingdom
Hi Leigh, always look forward to your posts about Sassy and the rest of your flock. She is looking good, fingers crossed for the future!! Also how are you doing, hope you are well.

#96132 - 07/26/05 02:25 PM Re: My flock...Done Deal!!!!!!!!  
scoutkj Offline
Lives Here
scoutkj  Offline
Lives Here

Hendersonville NC
How are you using the Pluck No More? What I'm asking is, are you following the instructions or are you doing a little more/less than they suggest and how? I am glad you have found something that helps. Please share with us your way of using this product.
smile Scout

#96133 - 07/27/05 03:12 AM Re: My flock...Done Deal!!!!!!!!  
Leigh Offline
Leigh  Offline

Hi Scout and All!
What I do is follow the actual directions of half a capful for Willie and Sam, and I use a bit more for Sassy as she is in such bad shape. I just add it to their drinking water in their normal dishes. I don't know exactly how it works, all I do know is that it does! I am posting a few more pictures this evening. Check out Willie and Sam's improvement! I am very pleased with the results! smile

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny