Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 47 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#94342 - 10/02/03 10:06 PM Here is Mikey the Mobrella Too  
MikeyMoluccanToo Offline
MikeyMoluccanToo  Offline

Madison Wi
Here is the link to my pictures. This is Mikey the Mobrella Cockatoo.

http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/hostile6620

#94343 - 10/03/03 12:14 AM Re: Here is Mikey the Mobrella Too  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh, he is BEAUTIFUL! and he looks just like a mollucan, only white! amazing. i never heard of a mobrella before. i've seen hybrid macaws, & i,m rather against that.

in any case, you have a great bitd, and he looks very happy!......linda2

#94344 - 10/03/03 12:29 AM Re: Here is Mikey the Mobrella Too  
Lori Conarro Offline
Lives Here
Lori Conarro  Offline
Lives Here

Salt Lake City, Utah
Wow, it was weird to see a white molluccan. That last picture where he looks really mad he looks just exactly like my Peaches only white. I run and hide when I see that face. Hope you get a solution to your beak problem.

#94345 - 10/03/03 01:12 AM Re: Here is Mikey the Mobrella Too  
Pink Floyd Offline
Pink Floyd  Offline

I heard of moluccan/umbrella crosses before but never seen a picture of one so thankyou for posting the link!

...also I've often wondered why they don't call the Umboluccans as that seems to trip off the tongue a little easier....!?!?!?

on the topic of white Moluccans....there must be some variation in their pinkness, mine has an incredibly peachy front end with a white tail....just how pink can they go??? has anyone got pictures?

#94346 - 10/03/03 03:11 AM Re: Here is Mikey the Mobrella Too  
hellobaby Offline
Lives Here
hellobaby  Offline
Lives Here

USA
Now I'm confused. confused I had a breeder tell us one that our Baby is a Mobrella. He had really really pink Moluccans! It's very difficult to show their true pink-ness in photos. Anyway, I wonder how Mikey wound up with that yellow in his crest. (It looks like yellow to me in the pic... correct me if I'm wrong.) Don't Umbrellas have simply white crests and Moluccans have Salmon crests? Could it possibly be that there is some rare blue-eyed too in Mikey's lineage?

Lynne

If you must cripple a creature
to keep it, perhaps you should
reconsider its suitability as a pet.
#94347 - 10/03/03 11:38 AM Re: Here is Mikey the Mobrella Too  
Katy Offline
Lives Here
Katy  Offline
Lives Here

MA
aww, prety bird! Hellobaby, umbrellas do have yellow in their crests (the underside, mostly) shocked )

Katy

#94348 - 10/03/03 03:22 PM Re: Here is Mikey the Mobrella Too  
SUNNY Offline
SUNNY  Offline

VALENCIA,CALIFORNIA
HB,
I thoght I saw the yellow in the crest too. (Funny you mentioned the Blue Eye, it was the 1st thing that popped into my head, but the eye ring is pale, LOL.) I had just assumed that it was a washed out orange/salmon for you know how the cameras do that to the birds. I have yet to see a camera do justice to any "white" cockatoos' color. As for Mobrellas being more peach vs white it all depends on which bloodline was the most strongly inherited, the U2's or the M2's.

#94349 - 10/03/03 03:31 PM Re: Here is Mikey the Mobrella Too  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

What a cutie! He does look just like a U2! I noticed the beak pics. Poor baby. frown Can you tell us about what happened and how you had to correct it? I'm very curious.

#94350 - 10/05/03 08:29 AM Re: Here is Mikey the Mobrella Too  
Cockatoos Offline
Cockatoos  Offline

My Mobrella can be seen on my website, and he's named Crackers. His photo can be seen at http://www.cockatoos.org/wow.jpg when he was in the trees playing around. We originally thought he was a Umbrella, but upon closer inspection, we discovered his pink feathers in his down on his back, behind the wings. He deffinitely is a Mobrella. His weight is 850grams, and he's huge compared to most U2s, but he looks exactly like Mikey. I am so glad to see another like him! That is amazing. I see Mikey has a vitamin A deficiency? That is what that beak looks like. I wonder, is he being treated or am I just seeing things? Maybe it's something else? Either way, he's gorgeous and he looks JUST LIKE MY BOY!!!!!

#94351 - 10/05/03 04:24 PM Re: Here is Mikey the Mobrella Too  
MikeyMoluccanToo Offline

Madison Wi
I dont know what is wrong with his beak. My vet told me he was ok. That is why I set up another appointment with a different vet. One that teaches avian school.

Under Mikeys crest he is orange. Under his wings he is yellow. I took care of a friends U2 while he went on vacation and the size difference was amazing. I loaded a pic of the two of them.
Although mikeys beak is bothering him, it doesnt stop him from being active. He is still his wild and crazy self. I also feel that I am lucky to have found him. He is kind to my nephews and treats the oldest with love. My nephew can pick him up and play with him. Mikey has only bitten me a couple of times. It was mostly to catch himself. He LOVES to cuddle though. smile

#94352 - 10/05/03 07:23 PM Re: Here is Mikey the Mobrella Too  
Cockatoos Offline
Cockatoos  Offline

Okay, I'm not a vet...but to me, it looks like a perfect clinical deffinition of a vitamin A deficiency beak...they also grow at a tremendous rate. This can be cured by administering vitamin A, I bet. Get hold of your new vet. Seen many photos of it and the parakeets we were given years ago had that same beak...turned out to be vitamin A deficiency.

#94353 - 10/05/03 10:38 PM Re: Here is Mikey the Mobrella Too  
MikeyMoluccanToo Offline

Madison Wi
If its that, what is he missing in his diet? What should I give him? Is it a certain food or a supplement he needs? I read up on it and it says its from eating a mostly seed diet. Mikey does not eat any seeds. He eats pellets threw the day, fruit as I give it to him, and a evening bean mix. He also gets ONE peanut a day. Never threw the day does he get seeds. He doesnt even eat them when I tried to feed him them. I dont even buy seeds.

#94354 - 10/05/03 11:26 PM Re: Here is Mikey the Mobrella Too  
SUNNY Offline
SUNNY  Offline

VALENCIA,CALIFORNIA
They do have supplements that have High Vit. A but those can be dangerous because Vit A is one of the vit. you can OD on. Natural sources of a are DARK leafy green veggies (try not to use spinach though), any orange flesh veggies (carrots, yams, etc), and yellow veggies. A full blood panel will tell if he has a deficient in Vit. A.

Article on Vit. A http://www.parrothouse.com/vitaminA.html

#94355 - 10/05/03 11:56 PM Re: Here is Mikey the Mobrella Too  
MikeyMoluccanToo Offline

Madison Wi
Ok thanks, I am going to see what is going on with him at his vet appt. They will probally draw blood from him then.

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny