Hi, I'm new here. I have a male D2 (Dusty) that is a year old. I hand-fed him when I first got him and he and I bonded very well. He really thought of me as his mommy. I loved him and he loved me and he was very lovable. In May, I had major abdominal surgery and was hospitalized for four days. I tried to explain to him that I'd be away for awhile. When I came home after four days, he hid/skittered to the back of the cage. Would not come to me or come out. I have not tried to push the issue but he is still intimadated. He sometimes comes out of the cage if I leave the room; sometimes he will come out when I'm there. Just about the time I think he trusts me again, he runs. I try to sit on the floor and let him come to me. His curiosity gets the best of him and he will get on my hand and let me hold him. I'll pet him awhile and talk to him; then, put him on the parrot tower and pet/talk to him for a couple hours. When it's time to go in the cage, he flies to the floor and won't come to me. He won't respond to the step-up command. Once I do get him, as I approach the cage, he flies in. Any ideas how I can gain his trust again. I go back to work on July 14 and would like to feel he loves me again by then. Thanks for your advice.