Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 68 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#93571 - 06/26/02 01:36 AM Pictures of GypsyToo  
Arline Offline
Arline  Offline

S.E. Washington
Here's some pictures of my sweet pie.

Please note the inappropriate cage. (yes, I know but. . . read about it down in Bird Supplies/Cages and Aviaries.)

And DON'T miss Gyps handywork on the kitchen cupboard. WHY that empty box of Grapenuts has kept her off that cupboard is beyond me, but it's worked for quite a while! LOL!

Look at the pictures and then PLEASE get into the discussion on GOOD cages down in the Cages and Aviaries forum.

Thanks! GypsPix

#93572 - 06/26/02 01:45 AM Re: Pictures of GypsyToo  
Cainman Offline
Cainman  Offline

Milledgeville,GA
Maybe she's not a fan of breakfast cereal

or she can't read that well and reads Grape Nuts as "Bird Nuts" or something.

Sure there's a reason for it, and one quite amusing as well. Too bad our feathered friends lack the ability of proper speech -- I would wager that whatever she would tell you about that box would make you laugh for days.

Either way congratulations on stopping her one-bird remodeling business. Maybe she just felt it wasn't worth the time!

#93573 - 06/26/02 05:58 PM Re: Pictures of GypsyToo  
Lori Conarro Offline
Lives Here
Lori Conarro  Offline
Lives Here

Salt Lake City, Utah
Bird nuts? That reminds me of a joke. It's funny what they decide is evil. when my mom comes over she is afraid of the birds getting on her so I hand her a little toy penguin, about 2 inches tall and my goffin won't go near her. Beautiful bird Arline. I saw an 8 week old baby at the pet store. Gorgeous, but I felt bad because I have read so much here that all I could think of is what his life could be like if someone doesn't understand him and I found myself saying a prayer that he would find a good home.

#93574 - 06/26/02 08:31 PM Re: Pictures of GypsyToo  
Miriam Offline
Miriam  Offline

Victoria, BC, Canada
Hi Arline!
I know all about remodeling in our house too so don't feel so bad laugh
So far cockatoo has gotten a hold of 3 of my remote controls, 2 cords (not plugged in thank heavens!), an a couple of books. We have to keep a close eye on him!
Jazz has remodeled some door mouldings, a thermostat cover, one of our lamps, and a couple of books as well.
Our little ones haven't gotten into anything so far....
Gypsy is a pretty birdie!
Take care,
Miriam
Victoria, BC

#93575 - 06/29/02 01:49 AM Re: Pictures of GypsyToo  
Lora Lee Offline
Lora Lee  Offline

Washington
Hi Arline!!! smile smile smile

I don't like Grapenuts either, it'd keep me away laugh

It is good to know someone in the board, just found it the other day. It is enduring; constantly trying to learn every day wink

Look forward to getting your beautiful girl in a better cage, best regards.....Lora

#93576 - 06/29/02 03:49 AM Re: Pictures of GypsyToo  
happybirds Offline
Lives Here
happybirds  Offline
Lives Here

Let's see,
1 window frame on Bay Window
2 cordless telephones
4 remote controls
1 cell phone
1 window frame on regular window

Oh, the joys of 2's

She is a beautiful girl! Just love those pics! Keep them coming.

#93577 - 06/30/02 05:26 AM Re: Pictures of GypsyToo  
Cainman Offline
Cainman  Offline

Milledgeville,GA
What is it with 'toos and remote controls??? Is it some twisted plot to get you to pay attention to THEM instead of the television or do they just get mad that your cable company doesn't carry "Animal Planet?" I read these stories and nine times out of ten they mention how a 'too has completely destroyed a remote control. I remember reading one story that said a 'too had taken the remote down to nothing but the small computer chips inside used to run it. Are these birds practicing electricians or what?? confused

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny