Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 78 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#93553 - 10/18/02 02:14 AM Announcing! TooCAM!  
Dizkat Offline
Dizkat  Offline

LA. CA
Hey Everyone!

check out my New too cam site...just got it up and running..still working on the bugs though! It was a secret surprize for me from my Hubby! Now I can "watch" my baby even when I'm at work!

check out the link! and let me know whatcha think!

http://www.spotlife.com/users3/dizkat/webcam/

Tammy,Shasta and the rest of the flock

#93554 - 10/18/02 02:17 AM Re: Announcing! TooCAM!  
Dizkat Offline
Dizkat  Offline

LA. CA
Am I on?? LOL!!

#93555 - 10/20/02 05:32 AM Re: Announcing! TooCAM!  
Dizkat Offline
Dizkat  Offline

LA. CA
New and Improved Link! Check it out!

http://www.montecarloss.com/birdcam.html

Tammy,Shasta and the rest of the flock laugh

#93556 - 10/24/02 04:02 AM Re: Announcing! TooCAM!  
Maluka Offline
Maluka  Offline

Southern California
Hey, Pretty Nifty. At first I thought I was just seeing a photo, then when I clicked on the sight again I saw a different bird. Pretty Neat. How did you learn to do that?? I have a webcam, but that probably means I would have to stay connected to the internet all day, Huh?? Still so much to learn about the computer world... :rolleyes:

#93557 - 10/25/02 06:11 PM Re: Announcing! TooCAM!  
debsthename Offline
debsthename  Offline

Sulphur, LA
That is great dizkat. I enjoyed watching Bubba play. He looks just like my Spanky. I want one!! wink
Debbie & Louis

#93558 - 10/25/02 11:53 PM Re: Announcing! TooCAM!  
Dizkat Offline
Dizkat  Offline

LA. CA
Hi Guys

I don't know all that much about it, but my Hubby set this up as a surprize for me. We've had the silly camera for about 2 years without using it!

You do have to be connected to use it, I guess that could be a downside to having one.

Hey Mary what do you want...a web cam or a Bubba! LOL!

Maluka if you really want to know how to set one up I can talk to my hubby, he says it's not all that hard and I can post the info for you OR email it to you.

I'm just so proud of my babies I just HAVE to show them off!

Tammy and the flock laugh

#93559 - 10/26/02 12:09 AM Re: Announcing! TooCAM!  
Maluka Offline
Maluka  Offline

Southern California
Tammy, that was so nice of you to reply. I do have a webcam and I have had it operation for about a year now. I just wondered if you had to be connected at all times to be able to view your birdies when you were away. I should have known that. I am a little slow sometimes. :rolleyes: Anyhow, someday when I have lots of $$$$ I will be able to be on the internet at all times without having to disconnect. Until then, I only have one phone line.

#93560 - 10/27/02 06:00 AM Re: Announcing! TooCAM!  
3toos Offline
3toos  Offline

Vancouver Island
Hey DizKat and gang,

Nice to see another Severe Macaw out there now! It is so hard to get pictures or info on Severe Macaws, as I found out when we got ours. Great job on the web cam, good thing you have such a smart husband....LOL.

BTW, Snoopy our 4 year old male Severe Macaw is doing great. He has bonded with me so well you would never know that he has not been with me since birth.

I appreciate all the info from you DizKat, you were right and I am certain that this is not the bird for a first time large bird owner. He is almost as challenging as our Moluccan, but with completely different body language and expressions.

And yes, they can be a bit nippy. But we have figured out how to deal with that and are doing well. Well at least I am, he does NOT like the wife very much, and appears to be MY companion now.

Things are a little more crowded now, and I get less dinner for myself with my M2 and Severe with me for EVERY meal at home..LOL

He is quite a joy to have in the house, and seems to get along well with the cockatoos and two timnehs.

Take care.
Peter

Some days it's chaos around here!
and I would not have it any other way.
#93561 - 10/27/02 01:40 PM Re: Announcing! TooCAM!  
Dizkat Offline
Dizkat  Offline

LA. CA
Hi Peter

Glad you hear you and Snoopy are doing well!

Tell the wife not to give up on him. It took my Husband a year to be able to handle Bubba, he never gave up! They now have a very unique relashionship and both myself and hubby are very proud of! He plays with Hubby in ways that he WON'T play with me! !(the break through came all of a sudden one day) He now will step up and do pretty much what my hubby wants him to do. But I'm still his Momma and his first choice and that's ok!

Severe information is not abundant but a little bit is out there.

People don't always realize that the Severe Mini Macaw is EVERY BIT a Macaw but in a smaller package. He's the only (I think, don't blast me on this one) Mini that is actually in the same family are the big boys meaning ARA, correct name Ara Severa.

These guys as some of the other mini's are just a bit more nippy than some of their bigger brothers. Terms like the "green pit bull" and he's got "neopleon syndrome" are used by us severe owners (in a very loving way of course) but they do fit, more at some times than others.

Severes are VERY loving and Loyal! don't get me wrong. I wouldn't trade Bubba for all the money in the world.

I forgot how old you told me Snoopy was? Keep me posted and let me know if I can help in anyway!

I love the webcam and I'm so proud of my babies that just love showing them off.

The other great thing about having the webcam I can check on my birds from work I love seeing what they do with their day when I'm not home.

I also just adopted a 14 year old (male?)Blue Front Amazon named Chester and we ALL are having a ball....so stay tuned as you will never know for sure who will be on Too Cam next!

Tammy, Shasta and the rest of the flock

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny