Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 52 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#80208 - 12/14/05 11:04 PM electric fireplaces  
Jo Ann Offline
Lives Here
Jo Ann  Offline
Lives Here

toronto canada
Hi we are buying an electric fireplace I called the company and asked about any coating on the elements ect they said no there is nothing the insides are made of plastic and aluminum for the heating area and elements it lets off no smells other then first start up of the paint or whatever is on it which goes away ..... which I would run it first without birds anywhere near ect my actual question is aluminum being heated that isnt coated in anything is it safe for my birds ?

#80209 - 12/15/05 05:32 AM Re: electric fireplaces  
JazzsMom Offline
JazzsMom  Offline

Phoenix, AZ
How about gas fireplaces? Is it safe for a bird to be in a home that uses a gas fireplace? Do they need to be put in a different room when it's on?

Thanks!

#80210 - 12/16/05 04:40 PM Re: electric fireplaces  
Ron Pack Offline
Lives Here
Ron Pack  Offline
Lives Here

Ohio
Jo Ann.

If you are positive the aluminum isn't coated, then it should be safe....the only time aluminum releases toxic fumes (that I know of ) is when it is heated to the point of decomposition....

JazzsMom,

Depends on the type of fireplace you have. Ventless fireplace inserts seem to be a hot item nowdays, but personally, I would never use a ventless around birds. Even tho the units are designed to burn clean, I just wouldn't take the chance...

Vented fireplaces in good working condition shouldn't pose any problems as long as a person uses good common sense...just keep in mind that some artificial logs are treated with metalic salts (including lead) to add color to the flame, so proper venting is extremely important.

#259586 - 04/24/16 06:49 AM Re: electric fireplaces [Re: Jo Ann]  
Farrah Hanes Offline
Farrah Hanes  Offline

You should check out http://proelectricfireplace.com/ Loads of options are on the rundown with reviews and specs and stats for more information to help you decide.

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny