Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 12 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#74479 - 01/26/04 12:52 AM FELIX IS HOME!!  
zoe luvr Offline
Lives Here
zoe luvr  Offline
Lives Here

California
For those of you who were in chat last night you know everything that as been going on. For those of you who were not, things are very bad here and I am competely stressed out and confused....and to make matters worse. Which I thought was impossible untill about three hours ago. Felix my baby, is gone. He was over clipped as a baby and just starting to feather and I was allowing him to fledge and he went right out my sisters window and now he is gone. I am devistated...He didn't get to eat breakfast, and the weather is not nice enough for him to be outside. I spent the past few hours making and passing out fliers all around the neighborhood,(untill I was in to much pain to walk, I do not want to hurt my baby) and after my mom eats we are going to go to all the pet stores and vet offices to drop off fliers. I put them up at the gas stations around the corner. I don't know what to do, I am so sick.

Please everyone, pray that he comes home, I don't know how much more stress I can handle..I just want him to be safe.

#74480 - 01/26/04 01:01 AM Re: FELIX IS HOME!!  
MsSmurfy Offline
MsSmurfy  Offline

Florida USA
AWwwwwww bless your heart....how very painful & sad indeed! I am sure you feel not only a bit guilty, but so damn helpless indeed!! I hope you get your baby back home SOON! Plz know, we ALL are hoping you will!!

#74481 - 01/26/04 01:03 AM Re: FELIX IS HOME!!  
SUNNY Offline
SUNNY  Offline

VALENCIA,CALIFORNIA
Oh God (((Jen))) I am so very sorry !! I wanted to tell you to add to your fliers that Felix is a sick bird that MUST have meds to survive. I KNOW its a lie but it may keep someone that finds him honest ... less ppl want a sick ($$$) pet than a healthy one. You may also want to offer a reward.

#74482 - 01/26/04 01:12 AM Re: FELIX IS HOME!!  
liviray Offline
Lives Here
liviray  Offline
Lives Here

Wi
On a few missing bird sites I read that its important to put the lost birds cage outside with the door open. If you are able I thought this would be something to consider. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

#74483 - 01/26/04 01:13 AM Re: FELIX IS HOME!!  
jancie Offline
jancie  Offline

Put his cage outside now and fill it with treats. There is a chance he is still in the area. Let us know tonight how things are going. You are in my thoughts.

#74484 - 01/26/04 01:18 AM Re: FELIX IS HOME!!  
Mona Offline
Lives Here
Mona  Offline
Lives Here

Oh Jen, Im so sorry..I dont have anymore advice other than whats been said and what youre doing,(leaving out an open cage with food in it is what I would suggest too), just wanted to say how sorry I am all this is happening to you right now. Don't give up, he might be hiding in a tree nearby, scared to come down. Keep looking up even if you've checked the trees already, he may be going back and forth between them. Call his name too, and listen for sounds from him.

#74485 - 01/26/04 01:30 AM Re: FELIX IS HOME!!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way. Janet

#74486 - 01/26/04 01:40 AM Re: FELIX IS HOME!!  
littlecharlietoo Offline
Lives Here
littlecharlietoo  Offline
Lives Here

Huntsville, Alabama
zoe,
I can't say anything that others haven't already said. We will be thinking about you and hope that felix returns to you soon. There have been fly-aways that have been recovered many days after they first escaped (and some in awful weather) so keep your chin up.

Here's a link (sorry some of it's a bit morbid) but it gives alot of information on what to do if your bird escapes escaped It's from fosterparrots.

#74487 - 01/26/04 01:49 AM Re: FELIX IS HOME!!  
brody Offline
Lives Here
brody  Offline
Lives Here

(((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

Conrad, Sully, the girls and I will be thinking of you (and Felix) til we hear he's been found safe and sound...

sometimes it feels like we are dealt a hand so overwhelming we can't cope- hang in there and USE your support network to get through this brutal patch

brody

#74488 - 01/26/04 01:50 AM Re: FELIX IS HOME!!  
Alison Offline
Alison  Offline

Massachusetts
Jen, I am so sorry that this terrible thing has happened to you. frown I truly hope that he is found and safely returned to you. I wish I lived close to you so that I could help you in your search, but unfortunately I do not, so all I can do is send you my prayers. Good luck.

#74489 - 01/26/04 02:03 AM Re: FELIX IS HOME!!  
sterdon Offline
sterdon  Offline

cape cod ma
Jen I am also so sorry for you. I would add to put a white sheet under the cage as it makes it stand out more for him. my thoughts and prayers are with you

sterdon

#74490 - 01/26/04 02:16 AM Re: FELIX IS HOME!!  
onyxena Offline
onyxena  Offline

Connecticut
That is so sad!!!! I pray you can find your lost baby. I almost got to find out exactly how you feel, last October my macaws were playing outdoors with me right there, same thing with the wings, a couple flights grew in and I foolishly thought "They should be okay..." Wrong. A blimp appeared in the distance and my two macaws took off!!! My BG did not fly at all, however, the GW quickly gained speed and altitude in the Autumn breeze!!! I almost panicked and I held the BG while running the direction she took off in. Fortunatley I had my phone with me. I heard her calling and managed to find her, she climbed right down to me as I had trained her to do. I kept trying to imagine how I would feel, what I would do, if I hadn't been able to recover her. Such a horrible feeling. And you know that ultimately it was your responsibility for their safety. I sincerely hope you can get your friend back. Don't give up hope!!!!!

#74491 - 01/26/04 02:18 AM Re: FELIX IS HOME!!  
onyxena Offline
onyxena  Offline

Connecticut
I had my phone and my husband picked us up, the bird wasn't calling me on the phone!! oops....

#74492 - 01/26/04 03:48 AM Re: FELIX IS HOME!!  
zoe luvr Offline
Lives Here
zoe luvr  Offline
Lives Here

California
Someone seen him!!!
a couple of blocks down, a lady seen him in her tree in the back yard with other birds about 2 and a half hours ago. I handed out the rest of the fliers and went out and called him for another hour. It is almost dark so I can not do anymore tonight but I feel so useless just sitting here.
I have to wait untill tomarrow to make more copies then I am going to go to the local grocery store and put them up on peoples windsheilds. I want everybody in this town to know that he is missing.
we can not get the cage outside, as my mom has surgury and I am pregnant and it weighs just about as much as my sister but maybe a neighbor can help me put it in the back yard tomarrow.
I am trying to be positive, knowing someone seen him makes me feel better. Lets just hope he can handle the weather....It will probably get into the upper 30's or so tonight. It is 54 right now.

#74493 - 01/26/04 05:03 AM Re: FELIX IS HOME!!  
MaryHM Offline
MaryHM  Offline

Southern California
I'll be praying for you and Felix tonight. Hopefully he'll stay in the general location and you'll get him back soon. Here's my story- might make you feel better:

I used to have an Indian Ringneck that I hand fed. First bird. I loved that bird, and let her have free flight in the house. I left my husband to take care of her for a weekend. He put her cage out on the porch for some fresh air and sunshine, and said when he came back to bring her in she had opened the cage door and was gone. I was heartbroken! Days went by, no sign of Chibs. I never gave up though, and walked the neighborhood religously, calling her and listening for her to call back. One neighbor came outside and asked me who I was looking for. I explained, and he said "Oh! So and so down the street found a bird in his yard". Well, I rushed the mile to his house and low and behold there was Chibs! She had flown into his house through his open patio door and landed in the sink to help herself to a drink! She was gone for over a week and I found her- there's hope for you too!!

#74494 - 01/26/04 06:23 AM Re: FELIX IS HOME!!  
Liisa B Offline
Lives Here
Liisa B  Offline
Lives Here

Canada
(Jen)
I am so deeply sorry that this happened. Will be praying that Felix is found & is home safe with you soon.
Prayers for you, Felix & Zoe.
Liisa

#74495 - 01/26/04 06:27 AM Re: FELIX IS HOME!!  
kloie9 Offline
kloie9  Offline

New Jersey
Oh Jen I am so sorry I hope you find him , my prayers are with you
Your friend Kloie 9-- Dorothy

#74496 - 01/26/04 08:07 AM Re: FELIX IS HOME!!  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

All prayers and good thoughts will be headed your way! You deserve the best! ((Hug))

#74497 - 01/26/04 08:35 AM Re: FELIX IS HOME!!  
zoe luvr Offline
Lives Here
zoe luvr  Offline
Lives Here

California
Okay, so far I have handed out 100 fliers put them on cars in the neighborhood. Put them up at the gas stations and pet shops, put a lost bird add up on mickaboo and e mailed 3 differant news stations. And my mom has one taped to her car window.

Tomarrow, I am going to make more fliers and keep putting them up every where, we are going to put them on everyones car or front door in the area, all the vet offices in town, and I am going to put them in peoples windsheilds at the grcery store. I am going to call all the radio stations.

My sister works at a bank in a grocery store so she is going to put them up there, at blockbuster, and at baskin robins, and a few other places. I am going to see if the three schools near me will let me put some fliers around there and in the offices.

We are going to put an add in the news paper, I have the numbers for the SPCA (but they are closed tomarrow), animal shelter, humane animal service, and the wild life rehabilitaion center, just incase. We are also going to put fliers around the apt. down the street and in the laundry rooms there.

I think my best bet is the news paper, but they will not print it untill Wen. so it is going to be a couple of days before its in there.

Is there any where else that I should call or put fliers at?

Anything else I can do?

#74498 - 01/26/04 08:48 AM Re: FELIX IS HOME!!  
zoe luvr Offline
Lives Here
zoe luvr  Offline
Lives Here

California
Do you guys think he is okay?? Honnestly, do you think I will get him back??

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny