Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 46 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#7355 - 05/17/02 03:28 PM Shift of interests  
Cuzzie Offline
Cuzzie  Offline

Durban,South Africa
EVER SINCE I HAD A BANDAGE ON MY HAND ABOUT TWO MONTHS AGO MY TOO (CUZZIE) DOESN'T WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH ME,BUT IF I TAKE HIM INTO MY ROOM HE WILL PLAY WITH ME LIKE I USE TO BE ABLE TO OR IF WE ARE IN THE CAR BUT THE MINUTE WE LEAVE THESE (SAFE ZONES)HE GOES CRAZY.I CAN PICK HIM UP AT ANY TIME AND HE WILL SIT ON MY SHOULDER KISS ME ON THE CHEEK AND BE ALL LOVING PLEASE HELP ME TO UNDERSTAND THIS VERY STRANGE PROBLEM.I HAVE TRIED TO SHOW HIM THAT THERE IS NOTHING ON MY HANDS AND THAT THERE IS NOTHING TO BE AFRAID OF BUT NO SUCESS.

#7356 - 05/17/02 06:25 PM Re: Shift of interests  
Miriam Offline
Miriam  Offline

Victoria, BC, Canada
Hello Shadyone:
Cockatoos are such a sensitive breed. and example of this is that I have recently had to put a brace on my wrist and it completely freaks out my LSC2 when I wear it. I have to take it off for her.
It takes time, be patient. Keep your too in its safe zones for now and interact with it in those zones. I would not try to force the issue. Wait until it is completly comfortable with you and the zones and try to expand it a bit little bit by little bit.
an example of this would be something like your too likes to come into the car with you. Just try to sit there for a while and then turn on the engine and leave it running for a few minutes. See how your Too reacts to this. Give it a treat when it does well and praise it lots!
We have 2 nervous birds in our house and we have made progress, it just takes time. Don't loose heart, just love your too.
All the best to you and your baby,
Miriam
Victoria, BC

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny