Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 55 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#67462 - 12/24/05 01:43 AM $1400 scarlet macaw or $800 military macaw or $800 for 15yrs C2  
808C2 Offline
808C2  Offline

Hawaii
Hello everyone,

First story.

This may not be a right place to ask a Macaw question. But I feel is a right place to ask question because all of you have a lot of knowledge about Birds. I when into a pet shop today to purchase a bottle of tap water conditioner for my two betas (fighting fish). I notice they got a pretty Scarlet Macaw. I ask the store manager if the Scarlet Macaw is for sale. The manager says yes, but no one wants him or her no one knows the sex. Plus this one is very mean to people, wouldn’t let anyone get near. So I walk over and take a look at it. In a couple of minute I was playing with it he or she as climbing on my shoulder and playing with me. I asking a couple of more question and come to find out the he/she was hatched sometime April of this year, so he/she is still a baby act like a baby………..I know all of you is going to hate this question. I ask how much is for the Scarlet Macaw. The owner said I let it go for $1400, wow …………….the price I not very happy. I fell in love the Scarlet Macaw. But the price is just tooooooooooo much.

Second Story.

I was looking though some new paper and find a Military Macaw for sale. This is what list is as

Military Macaw
Beautiful military macaw 1 1/2years old.Needs a great home with lots of attention.$900 or best offer

I call the owner up and asking if I can come by and look at it. I when over and the owner just show the military macaw, so he is all wet and just stand on the owner arm. So I approached with caution and I say step up and he did get on my arm. So in my mind I was thinking hey this one might like me. After a couple of minutes the attitude changes. He wouldn’t even let me pet him. He bites my finger pretty hard.

Now I need everyone opinion on this the wife say it up to me to purchase the one I like. What is everyone else opinion. I know adoption is the way to go but I have no luck of finding can some one help. I know Charlie give me two contacts from Hawaii but I have no luck of getting in touch with them.

#67463 - 12/24/05 01:49 AM Re: $1400 scarlet macaw or $800 military macaw or $800 for 15yrs C2  
Charlie Offline
Admin
Charlie  Offline

Admin
Chained to the Computer

Covington, LA USA
I put this in the proper category but I am locking the topic. We will not discuss the buying of birds on this site.

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny