Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 39 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#64882 - 11/01/04 02:16 AM "help members of toos,com"-" I need a home"  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I personally, would love to ....

EDITED:

You must be a member here for at least 4 months before you can adopt. Also, solicitation of birds here is not allowed. Thanks

Jerry

#64883 - 11/01/04 02:42 PM Re: "help members of toos,com"-" I need a home"  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jerry,
re:edited post.
I have no problem with the "no adopting until a member for 4 months".
However, please explain to me how you considered my post a "solicitation" of any kind.
thanks,
Susan

#64884 - 11/02/04 12:21 AM Re: "help members of toos,com"-" I need a home"  
Jerry Offline
Founder
Jerry  Offline
Founder
Lives Here

Ohio Valley
You said you could provide a good home for an unwanted bird (in so many words). You must wait until a bird is available before you recommend yourself.

#64885 - 11/02/04 01:43 AM Re: "help members of toos,com"-" I need a home"  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ummm, point well taken. Unfortunately, the post was meant not to solicitate. But, to open the forum up in a "lite humorous" way- I suppose, my humour did not come across in your mind how. Truly sad, as I thought that it was a very poignant posting. Too bad, others did not have the chance to read and express their own points of view. Alas, you are the leader of your group- something like the "soup nazi" in Seinfield. In this case it should be understood - that unless you approve a posting - prior to other eyes from viewing, it will be
"no posting for you"

#64886 - 11/02/04 01:49 AM Re: "help members of toos,com"-" I need a home"  
Michael Offline
Admin
Michael  Offline
Admin
Lives Here

Vermont, USA
The only people that will be allowed to start a topic in the Adoption forum are those that want to rehome a bird. All other adoption related items should be put in this forum (Buying, Rescuing, Adopting Questions).

Also it would be nice if the snide remarks would stop. This does nothing to help anyone, least of all the birds.

#64887 - 11/02/04 02:12 AM Re: "help members of toos,com"-" I need a home"  
brody Offline
Lives Here
brody  Offline
Lives Here

I reported your post- sorry - but humour does not come across on the net and I felt the solicitation of birds was a BAD way to open the forum to put it mildly......

so before you accuse anyone of being a Nazi you might want to check facts

at least one member read the post and was NOT entertained

brody

#64888 - 11/02/04 02:19 AM Re: "help members of toos,com"-" I need a home"  
liviray Offline
Lives Here
liviray  Offline
Lives Here

Wi
I personally dont find the re-opening of the adoption board a very funny thing. I think its horribly sad that so many are being re-homed. There are several members of this board that have just reciently had to give up their birds for adoption...and I know that their wounds are still raw.

I cant imagine how difficult AND heart wrenching it must be to realise that your in over your head and do right by the bird and place it for adoption, to a loving home that will be best for all involved.

EDIT: Sorry Brody...you and I were typing at the same time... smile

#64889 - 11/02/04 02:20 AM Re: "help members of toos,com"-" I need a home"  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Having understood now the protocol regarding the adoption forum, I know must ask the question. Why was the message in its original context forwarded here, instead of the "cut to size" version.
The intent of the message was not to be taken as a solicitation from me, rather it was a serious slant on homeless birds needing to be heard by those wishing to take them into their homes.
I suppose, my humour did not come across in your perspective. This is truly sad, as I thought that it was a very poignant message.
Too bad, others did not have the opportunity to read and express their own points of view, before you cut it away from the board with the axe of EDITE.
Alas, you are the originator of your home site-
You keep a vigilant watch over the content of each posting. As a result, unless your eyes deem the message worthy of others viewing, a warm welcoming posting -is gone by way of cyber/delete.
I was truly trying to be nice with my post- and it was never my intention to SELL myself as a good candidate for adopting. confused

#64890 - 11/02/04 02:22 AM Re: "help members of toos,com"-" I need a home"  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Personally I hope to see the adoption forum back in full swing. Ideally and practically I will have lots more experience before the time arises, but it is my goal someday to adopt a bird in need of a new home. Janet

#64891 - 11/02/04 03:07 AM Re: "help members of toos,com"-" I need a home"  
wildirish Offline
Lives Here
wildirish  Offline
Lives Here

NC
I don't understand why you are so offended about this, I thought that the "new Memeber" section stated something about adoption policies and board policies.

I understand your wanting to adopt and help a bird find a good home, but the main issues lately are the snide comments and such, which as Micheal stated certainly doesn't help the birds, and IMO doesn't put you in a very good light to a person who would be interested in re-homing their Too.

Tammy

#64892 - 11/02/04 03:50 AM Re: "help members of toos,com"-" I need a home"  
Michael Offline
Admin
Michael  Offline
Admin
Lives Here

Vermont, USA
mhhope4,

If we were as axe happy as you suggest you would not have even been able to reply at all. The fact that you are able to just goes to show how tolerant we actually are.

#64893 - 11/02/04 02:52 PM Re: "help members of toos,com"-" I need a home"  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

First I would like to explain the heading of this post- since the rest was deleted and therefore the title leads the reader into assuming that === I WANT HELP FROM MEMBERS OF TOO.COM
\the heading was suppose to be a cry of help from birds in need. To explain further, the message began with the title saying : "help members of too.com" -it went to say that, we the birds need a home-- please hear our cries/
The entire post was meant to illuminate the need for birds to obtain a loving home-
Is was NOT a post that I wrote in order That I obtain an adoption.
\the post was written in a third person- that being a bird in need.
IF it had been allowed to be viewed verbatim then everybody would understand what I meant.
The heading "help members of too.com= WAS NOT A PLEA FROM ME FOR MEMBERS OF TOO.CO TO HELP ME!
It hurts me greatly that everybody now- has taken the message (that they haven't seen) in the wrong context. Brody, sorry that you had not just notified me personally about this matter instead of nailing it as wrongful solicitation- and that I was not following new member protocol. IF you were to read it again- you would understand, that I was not asking for help to seek an adopted bird-conversly, I was just trying to start the discussion of on the adoption forum (Yes I know- another mistake made by a youngling)
That post was never meant to be a humor slant on homeless birds. It was stating that these birds were in need of voices so that others could hear their plight.
In the message I had them calling out to mytoos.com saying "help...ect" and we as members should hear them, and answer their need.
Now, my comment about "I have a nice home- two other birds and the rent isn't bad" was a quirkish statement. Not, and I repeat, not a solicitation of any kind-
Sorry, if I am too unaware that
1. shouldn't have posted there
2. too new a member to adopt
3. cared to even post about the plight of birds.
Yes, I am sincerely sorry if my post offended anybody as that was not my intention.
This issue has just become another diatribe of "lets agree not to agree". Unless, my post had been placed back in its entire form, instead of its edited version- then the content and purpose of it will never been read, discussed and understood.
I fully realize that this site has gotten a "let's jump on the -hot- post and attack" but for the birds sake, I refuse to debate this any further.
In closing, it was wrong to delete any post without discussing it with the person who wrote it! Unless, it is full of slander and outright abusive language... neither which was the case in this message.
Secondly, I stand behind my decision to post that message as it was a meant to harm no persons and its intent was to help and aid birds.
end of story
Susan - home care of two birds- provider of many

#64894 - 11/02/04 04:08 PM Re: "help members of toos,com"-" I need a home"  
liviray Offline
Lives Here
liviray  Offline
Lives Here

Wi
Susan...It fine, let it go. You've clarified your position, and I would hope that people can understand and give you the benifit of the doubt. Brody couldnt have contacted you becouse there is no PM feature on the board, and Im sure we all just have the birds best interest at heart. Lets just drop it, and move forward.

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny