Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 14 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#62369 - 08/12/02 04:24 PM Selling my cockatoo..  
Kim Laird-Hurst Offline
Kim Laird-Hurst  Offline

Stouffville, Ontario
Hello, I love in Stouffville Ontario. I am interested in selling my hand raised Goffin Cockatoo. What is the best way to go about screening people ? klhmusic@hotmail.com

#62370 - 08/12/02 08:31 PM Re: Selling my cockatoo..  

**DONOTDELETE**
    Unregistered
    Anonymous
    Unregistered

Why is it you're selling your bird?

#62371 - 08/22/02 09:02 PM Re: Selling my cockatoo..  
    Catherine Offline
    Catherine  Offline

MN
    Why you are selling the bird is a personal thing. As we would all like of course to see you keep you bird.
    You can go about selling him in 2 ways...
    1. Hand him over to the first bloke with enough cash to make you happy... or
    2. Go about it similar to a rescue. You have internet go get some copies of the adoption forms from a rescue a good one is www.maars.org. Ask the same questions they do. Go with gut feelings and the person who sold their bird to get a bigger bird is a real no-no. Avoid parents buying for kids. Have them handle the bird if possible. I ALWAYS ALWAYS suggest if someone is truly interested in your bird and they are bird knowledgable they will not only UNDERSTAND but respect the fact when you tell them to go home and think it over and come back a second time!
    That hopefully will do one of two things, scare off the compulsion buyer and bring you a bird friendly new owner! Good Luck BTW where are you located?

#62372 - 08/23/02 12:34 AM Re: Selling my cockatoo..  
    LindaK Offline
    Lives Here
    LindaK  Offline
    Lives Here

Canada
    Hi Kim: I think I spoke to you on the phone not long ago. There is a Parrot Club in Newmarket, maybe you need to find out about it and get in touch with them. Good luck.
    LindaK

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny