Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 38 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#34722 - 04/04/02 02:25 AM Goffin and cages  
Javid Offline
Javid  Offline

california
Hello, well im on the next step, i decieded to oder my cage from kingscages.com, i was planning on getting the biggest one, but im not sure, could any of you mabey check out the website and tell me the best cage ( making sure the bars are not spaced to far apart) i was going to go with a 506 in stainless steal, but it may be to big and the bar spacing ( an inch) may be to wide, sorry for the hassel. just that the cage is the most important so if someone who knew what they were doing could help ( that would be all of ya wink )

Thanks tons, javid

P.s. if you find it to much trouble its ok

WWW.KingsCages.com

#34723 - 04/04/02 02:50 AM Re: Goffin and cages  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

As big as you can afford Javid, I am unsure about the bar spacing, goffins are around the same size as an electus or amazon-ask the people at king's cages, or a breeder if you can.
I want to ask you some questions-
Do your parents understand the responsibility of a goffin's cockatoo-do they know what you plan to bring home
Is there someone at home at your house during the day, mom dad or grandparents?
Do you know that cockatoos are dusty-they might cause allergies to someone in your family-you might need to put a hepa air filtering machine in the cage room
Is every body in your home prepared for noise?
Have you looked at all of the cage manufacturers out there-you feel that king's cages are the best?
Do you know you must quarentine your too from your cockatiels for a while to prevent disease fromspreading-jeanne harvey has lots of good info on this, ask her
Do you realize you must take your too to a certified avian vet before you bring him home, regardless if the breeder tests it or not
Will you have the cage ready in time-do you have a playstand, floor and table model-as well as a ceiling mounted playstand?
GET THE BIGGEST CAGE YOU CAN AFFORD-WITH THE PROPER BAR SPACING

#34724 - 04/04/02 02:56 AM Re: Goffin and cages  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Checked out the 506 ss, I think the bar spacing might be too far apart, do you know what to feed your bird? Fresh veggies every day-you will need to cook for it as well, there are lots of recipies out there-bird bread, and beans and rice etc. Do you have ideas on what toys you will get? You are going to need to rotate your toys frequently, and ensure your bird has lots of destructable wood toys to chew on

#34725 - 04/04/02 03:11 AM Re: Goffin and cages  
Javid Offline
Javid  Offline

california
hello.

I dont have a dad ne more so just me and my mom and bro and sisters, my mom took me down to all the bird shows and she talked to all the breeders with me and she saw all the cockatoos and how loud they are.

my mom gets home at 2 i think, next year i will be home at around 1 i think. but other than that no.

Ya, i know about the dust, no one has allegies, and ill look into that machine you said,( forgot what it was called :-D)

Well they better be, i told em all about it and had em listen to those two moluccans.

ya i looked at pet stores and animalenviroments.com ( something like that) cages and the pet stores are top small and animal enviroments are EXPNSIVE, it was 3,000 for a cage i could get for less. i like kingscages best, unless you know of a better web site for buying cages and/or playstands.

Ya i know about keeping them away from each other.

as soon as i get it will go to the vet.

im getting ready, we are adding on to our house so it could take awhile.

i cook for my tiels, nuthing special but they have cooked veggies everyday, i havent got to far into the diet yet, still looking for a good book with reicpes.

I plan on getting alot of good wood for her to destroy.

and ALOTTTT of toys, big, small, color, dual.
swings.

#34726 - 04/04/02 03:12 AM Re: Goffin and cages  
Javid Offline
Javid  Offline

california
I knew that moluccans and umbrella males show more agression than females, is this for goffins also?

#34727 - 04/04/02 03:19 AM Re: Goffin and cages  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't know if that is as true as people say-hormones are present in females as well as males-Meaning it is not going to hurt you any less if you get a bite from a female instead of a male

#34728 - 04/04/02 03:23 AM Re: Goffin and cages  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

How old are your siblings?(brothers and sisters)Make your mom read jerry's post on how his cockatoo reacts to small children before you bring one home-Go to www.parrotpages.com and click their links-they have TONS of links to cages and playstand companies, look at all before you buy. Remember, as large as possible with the proper spacing
ps-DON"T wait for a recipie "book" go to toolady.com and look at the recipie post board there.

#34729 - 04/04/02 04:22 AM Re: Goffin and cages  
Javid Offline
Javid  Offline

california
ny lil brother is 8 and my lil sis is 9 and my other sis is 15, thanks for the sites

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny