Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 8 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#34711 - 04/02/02 03:12 AM Hi All!  
Glo Offline
Glo  Offline

St. Louis MO
I just wanted to introduce myself. After first seeing this website a year ago when I was considering what I wanted my next bird to be I ruled out a cockatoo. Then in September, I was contacted by the president of our bird club with this U2 who was desperately in need of ahome. Hubby and I discussed it and I made him check out the home page, and we decided to go see this guy. It was too sad. 6yr old male cage bound in its like 4th home all together, but second foster home in 2 months. We went home and talked about it and decided that this bird was meant to be in our home. Long Story Short, we immediately went to the vet, began to improve his diet, got him a nighttime cage and started working with him. This bird who used to scream in the middle of the night now sleeps through the night steps up from his cage, and has learned to play with out biting. He took a good slice out of my finger 4 days after he got here.

Had I not stumbled on Jerry's web page I probably would not have been a good home for a too, but I do my homework, and am pleased to say we haven't conquered all the problems, but I get my lovin every morning and night, and he tells me when it is bed time. smile )
I'm in St. Louis and looking forward to meeting Jerry this weekend.
Glo

#34712 - 04/02/02 04:17 AM Re: Hi All!  
Michael Offline
Admin
Michael  Offline
Admin
Lives Here

Vermont, USA
Welcome to the group. It is always nice to hear of a bird finally find themselves a home.

#34713 - 04/02/02 04:56 AM Re: Hi All!  
Mona Offline
Lives Here
Mona  Offline
Lives Here

Welcome Glo smile Nice to hear that mytoos helped prepare you to make a home for this too, if you have any questions, there are many knowledgable too people here ready to help you. It sounds like you are off to a great start, good luck!

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny