Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 67 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#34433 - 03/01/02 11:45 PM I know im ready for a too  
Amanda Offline
Amanda  Offline

Canada,B.C
I have been working just so I can get a too,I have been working hard,if I ever see an add in the paper,I would more then gladly rescue that poor 'too , I am the most dedicated person to a pet that anyone ever knew, when I go my veiled cham(he's a lizard but so what) I spent hours just looking at him,sitting there and watching,I don't have a full time job,I live with my parents, so i get lots of slack,tee hee...but im an excellent chef,I'll be making more meals for my 'too,and cooking him/her beans,and vegges that my parents will be jealous,lol,I am up to the responsibiliy,so if you ever see an add for a 'too in canada ,B.C MAIL ME! my email is wolf_dancer_of_the_moon@hotmail.com (no laughy at my email) Im dedicated to my animals,and I would treat my 'too like he'she would be my baby,and as i have heard,they are just like 2 years old children that get into everything and love you all the same,i am ready for my baby!

#34434 - 03/02/02 01:51 AM Re: I know im ready for a too  
Jerry Offline
Founder
Jerry  Offline
Founder
Lives Here

Ohio Valley
Hi Amanda!

May I ask how old you are, and will your parents be able to tolerate your cockatoo while you work?
Is there any more schooling in your future? If so, what will you do with the bird?

#34435 - 03/02/02 04:06 AM Re: I know im ready for a too  
Amanda Offline
Amanda  Offline

Canada,B.C
Uh,im only getting a job so I can get the cockatoo,im gonna work in a pet store so my 'too will be allowed to come with meh,lol. My 'too ,i say we gonna be the best buds,I love animals,like when i had my first parrot,was a conure,he was really old,i got him from some lady who didn't want him no more,my mom said that he was my whole little world,I brought him everywhere with me,he would com in the shower and run around and splash at the bottom of the tub, like i said,he was really old,I don't know how old,but I know I will be dedicated to my 'too when i get mine,and Im going to work with animals for my job,so my job will allow me to bring my 'too with me,and im sure my'too would love going out and stuff,and here in the summer it's great,we have nice weather,but in the winter it's quite cold,but we have heat lol.Well we would freeze if we didn't and for my age,I don't really tell people my age on the internet,it's just something I don't do. But as for getting a 'too,I would NEVER get rid of it NEVER EVER, not even when I go to live on my own,when I get a jo,it'll have to be a place where my 'too can come too,or 'aint going,lol.for me it's like,would you leave a 2 year old baby in a barbed wire cage while YOU go out for work? I highly doubt that,that's how I felt with my conure,and that's how I'll feel about my 'too,I know some people who have 'toos but they got theirs from some places that they moved from far away,and im trying to find a breeder in B.C to get a 'too,but it won't be for a while,because I have to get enough money first,I wouldn't mind even taking in one that I saw in the paper,I just want to give one 'too out there, a nice home,with a dedicated owner(me) to love and and take care of that 'too.My mom,if she don't like my 'too,well she is gonna have to live with it when they do their(screaming call/dance everday) lol,but my mom likes birds so she should like my 'too, as soon as I get one,so if anyone knows where I can possibly Save a 'too in Canada,B.C or if someone is gonna get rid of one,I would gladly take the little bundle of life,as my own smile

#34436 - 03/02/02 04:07 AM Re: I know im ready for a too  
Amanda Offline
Amanda  Offline

Canada,B.C
And my parents won't have to tolerate nothing,my 'too is coming with me to work!

#34437 - 03/02/02 04:16 AM Re: I know im ready for a too  
Amanda Offline
Amanda  Offline

Canada,B.C
And as for Cockatoo screaming,don't think im crazy but I like the sound when they scream when they're happy ,like the cockatoo that you hear scream on the web page :cockatoos,sorry,when I really love an animal,there isn't really anything i hate about them,even if it means them screamig at 4:00 Am in the morning wake up call,lol. I like the way they sound,reminds me of a happy laughing hyeana and then you take a sound apmliphirer,lol.

#34438 - 03/02/02 04:19 AM Re: I know im ready for a too  
Amanda Offline
Amanda  Offline

Canada,B.C
..and don't get me wrong,the sound of a moluccan cockatoo is music to my ears. smile :rolleyes:

#34439 - 03/02/02 04:20 AM Re: I know im ready for a too  
Amanda Offline
Amanda  Offline

Canada,B.C
..and I mean the happy displaying screams that a cockatoo makes,not the sad ones,

#34440 - 03/02/02 04:36 AM Re: I know im ready for a too  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

What part of B.C. do you live in? Lower mainland, island or interior? I know of one sanctuary in surrey, B.C. called greyhaven, maybe you could volunteer there to get used to handling a large parrot before you buy one for yourself. Taking your bird to work in a pet store sounds great, but if they sell birds there you could put your own bird at risk to contract diseases from them. Not to mention the damage they could do to the store. I know someone who takes his moluccan to his store, and it chewed through the ceiling and started in on the support beams. Needless to say the spot over this birds head is now protected by plexi glass.

#34441 - 03/02/02 04:43 AM Re: I know im ready for a too  
Amanda Offline
Amanda  Offline

Canada,B.C
,don't worry,we have a special vet well we have an Avian vet ,and there is this special shot that protects 'toos from getting diseases from other birds,and they have some other people that bring their Macaws in,and as for in B.C,let's just say Im pretty darn close to vancouver ,lol. But I do know how to handle 'toos,one of my friend's have one,she and her husband have two 'toos,and they let me take care of them,if they have to ever go away.But they love their 'toos. But im looking for my own 'too

#34442 - 03/02/02 04:49 AM Re: I know im ready for a too  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

That is wonderful that you have acess to an avian vet, but there are alot of bird diseases which vaccines do nothing to protect the bird . Not to mention if you take your bird to a place of work which sells pets, customers that might not know anything about a parrots body language will want to pet your bird, and may get bitten. If you are close enough to Vancouver, there is a store called West coast tropical bird studio, it's website is www.wctropicalbird.com they are an excellent resource on bird care and iformation.

#34443 - 03/02/02 04:53 AM Re: I know im ready for a too  
Amanda Offline
Amanda  Offline

Canada,B.C
im actually about three hours away from vancouver,the only thing this petstore really sells is,dogs,wich are in an entire different section/room,and birds,they only have little budgies,in a different section also,and jake the macaw,he is big,a large parrot he is the managers parrot,he sits on his perch behind the cashier,he gets to come to work everyday,mand he does not have any diseases.he goes to the vet regularly

#34444 - 03/02/02 05:01 AM Re: I know im ready for a too  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I will give you this link, http://www.geocities.com/gnoeth/Provinces1.htm you can look and see if any of the breeders there can help you out. Nice to see another west coast canuck out there lol

#34445 - 03/02/02 05:05 AM Re: I know im ready for a too  
Amanda Offline
Amanda  Offline

Canada,B.C
yup I been there,all i hgave to say is where did you get your 'too?

#34446 - 03/02/02 05:24 AM Re: I know im ready for a too  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Believe it or not, we are in the same boat I too am tentavely checking out cockatoo breeders, but I have promised myself not to get a bird untill I can have an aviary for it or dedicate a room to it. I do not think cockatoos should spend any other time but sleeping in their cage, which is why having an aviary or room for it to live in safe from household dangers is of utmost importance for the welfare of your bird. Since I rent, I cannot get one just yet. There is a breeder in ohio, Hornbeam aviaries, whose method of raising their chicks seems to me to be an excellent method. They also do not try to cover up the habits that might end up driving one crazy. Their website is www.hornbeamaviary.com However, importing a bird from the states as a pet requires you to travel over the border with it, if you wanted to ship the bird by plane you need a special import permit(or something like that)

#34447 - 03/02/02 05:43 AM Re: I know im ready for a too  
Amanda Offline
Amanda  Offline

Canada,B.C
I have spent hours on this computer reading up on cockatoos,I know now,I am ready! I have had a conure before,and I think taking care of a cockatoo is easier then taking care of my brother,mwa ha ha ha ha.

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny