Who's Online Now
1 registered members (RB2sMom), 41 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#31517 - 09/27/05 11:37 PM Kodi has eaten his first pellet!  
Eefjuh Offline
Eefjuh  Offline

Today I saw Kodi eat his first pellet!

He has been raised on seeds, and didn't eat pellets, but when I gave him one today and cheared at him that he was being a good boy by even holding the pellet in his beak, he started eating it!

I fed him on 50% seeds and 50% pellets, but now I can reduce the seed to minimum and put him on pellets!!!

Very happy news! This way the progress of getting him back in his feathers will be speeding up!! laugh

#31518 - 09/28/05 06:01 AM Re: Kodi has eaten his first pellet!  
flowerchild Offline
Lives Here
flowerchild  Offline
Lives Here

New England
good for you, and him! see new posts on food wasting, you may find it helpful. small amounts often, and lots of praise are working with mine. if he's growing new feathers increase the protein a little, an occasional chicken bone, small bit of meat or cheese. also, try to get him to eat some vegetables and a bit of fruit. my guys eat whatever i eat that is healthy- pasta, rice, cereals, whole grain breads, peanut butter sandwiches.... one even eats vegetable soup!

#31519 - 09/28/05 10:13 AM Re: Kodi has eaten his first pellet!  
Eefjuh Offline
Eefjuh  Offline

He aready eats fruits and vegetables.

I give hit to him in a form of a babymeal, so its warm and tastes betetr.

Fruit he enjoys and everyday i give them 2 kinds of different fruits..

Also I'm giving him egg's because of him changing feathers.. and the meat.. wel.. hel liked chicken also! laugh

But it helps a lot that he sees Kera eat it, then I wil eat it and he wil eat it to laugh

But I don't think he ever had more than seeds in his cage, ever in his whole life because he just doesn't understand that it's nice...

Even an apple he had to see me en kera eat first!

But he's emproving, I'm now feeding Nurtibird P15, But I will order a bucket of Ecobird soon...

A vet tested eco and harrisons and she couldn't tell witch was witch.. because they had almost the same quality!

(and harrisons is not availeble for me now because I had to spend a lot of money on Kobi and his vet bill frown )

#31520 - 09/29/05 02:16 AM Re: Kodi has eaten his first pellet!  
flowerchild Offline
Lives Here
flowerchild  Offline
Lives Here

New England
great!

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny