Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 11 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#30079 - 02/09/05 08:32 PM Ordering food online  
hhanse57 Offline
hhanse57  Offline

IL
As much as I hate petstores, I was buying my ZuPreem from Petsmart because I was able to use the internet price which was a deal at $7 something for the 3# bag. I don't think the store liked having to sell it for that but it's their policy to honor the internet price. This morning I get on and the internet price raised to $11.99 which is the same as the store. I have this feeling they raised it just because of me LOL! Anyway, I'd like to purchase online, but for those of you that do buy your food via internet, don't you find the shipping price you have to pay makes it cheaper to just walk into the store? Anybody have an internet store they'd like to recommend that has great prices plus very cheap shipping? Darn-why didn't I buy 3-4 bags last time I was there. :-) Thanks!

#30080 - 02/10/05 12:20 AM Re: Ordering food online  
Charlie Offline
Admin
Charlie  Offline

Admin
Chained to the Computer

Covington, LA USA
Often, the price after shipping is as high as in a store, or higher. We still buy online as I don't want to patronize stores that sell birds. We use a variety of pellets, Roudybush being the predominant one. We get it from http://www.birdalog.com. Lately, Baby has been more into Harrisons which we get from the vet. We buy Zupreem from our local feed store, they order it for us occasionally to ensure freshness.

It's just the price you have to pay! eek One thing you can do is time your orders for food, toys and supplies so that you can make a larger order. The shipping goes down and sometimes it's free if the order is over $100 or so. Wish I had a better answer! smile

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny