Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 37 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#27014 - 08/09/02 07:39 PM How often should I feed my M2  
Maluka Offline
Maluka  Offline

Southern California
When I first got my M2 they only fed him peanuts in the shell. frown Now that I have read the posts on peanuts I am a little worried. Would he have already showed signs of sickness if he had it?? Also when we brought him home we immediatly started feeding him healthy. We give him a varity of fruits and veggies. We make that veggies mix that Jerry suggested. He loves ravioli-it's one of his favorites. We try to give him a nutritional balance though. At night we give him a three crackers(salt free), fruit, and leave in a pellet mix for him. We are worried he may get hungry and we ALWAYS have food in his cage for him to eat or play with. About once a week a give him corn on the cob to eat or destroy. The vet said we are doing good and that Maluka has gained weight since we brought him home the first time. But now I am just starting to wonder if we maybe over-feeding him. He only eats when he wants to. Seems to like to eat best at dinner when we do. He is very active and outgoing. Loves to play and I would think he would burn off lots of calories as much as he plays and as much as we play with him. Do I have anything to be concerned about, or am I just being an over-protective and worried mother??? Thanks guys once again for your help.

#27015 - 08/10/02 02:49 AM Re: How often should I feed my M2  
Jerry Offline
Founder
Jerry  Offline
Founder
Lives Here

Ohio Valley
As far as I'm concerned... you cant over feed a 'Too if he's eating the proper foods. Most 'Toos are such picky eaters you should count yourself as lucky. However, you state you feed him ravioli. Hopefully without sauce. Most sauces are much too salty for regular servings.

#27016 - 08/10/02 03:16 AM Re: How often should I feed my M2  
Maluka Offline
Maluka  Offline

Southern California
Yes, you are right. I take a knife and scrape all the sauce off the ravioli because I thought the same thing. I do try to keep him on a very healthy diet as much as I know how to do. Okay, I won't be so concerned anymore. Perhaps, he was just not eating enough because of eating only peanuts when we first got him and that is why he was so much thinner. Vet says he is looking good. I just started to wonder if now he was at a good weight if I was over feeding him. But thanks for the reply. I won't worry so much now.

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny