After receiving several emails from people on this forum requesting websites where they can buy all parrot related things, mainly organic food and great toys, I decided to post my list here, so we can all share!
This list of stores I have it's great because it comes from pet sotres that practice ethical parrot keeping and actually offer great information on many species of companion parrots.
Here it goes:
- this is a great site for toys. All kidns of toys and some at really good prices. Their website is huge! They also sell the type of warm food I give my parrots like Beak Appetit and Crazy Corn so I can buy all at once there! Great for organic pellets (like Harrison's and Scenic) with no food dye, no conservatives and only organic ingredients. (As we all know, there's is no way that we can generate the same diet parrots have in the wild, so pellets provide the vitamins and minerals they need on top of the fresh diet we already provide them. Some people don't like giving pellets to parrots. That's fine too, but I believe the two pellets mentioned above are the best you can find in the market!)
2. FEATHER FARM
- I always bought my cages from them. They have unbeatable prices. I have large dome top macaw cages for my cockatoos that I paid less than $399 and they have brand new designs right now. Their cages look just like King Cages and are of great quality. One of my cages is 5 years old and still new!
3. ROSES PET EMPORIUM
- the best place ever to buy nuts in large or small quantity and Scenic Organic Pellets, which is what I feed my birds. She has all kinds of nuts (even the hyacinth brazil nuts), fresh seed mixes (made fresh every week), some toys, and those huge millet seeds. You have to visit to see. Their quality is exceptional!!
4. CHINA PRAIRIE
- I get my spirulina and lactobacilus powder from them. They also make great sprouting kits, but I hate the mess of doing it myself and usually buy the sprouted seeds at Fresh Fields Supermarket over here.
5. MARION ZOOLOGICAL
- Here's the company that makes Scenic pellets. They sell the pellets from their website too and you read all the info about it there.
6. DIAMOND ORGANICS
- I feed only organic fruits and veggies to my birds, and sometimes when I can't find some type of organic food I want (either for me or my pets), I order from them. Great website full of organic stuff! They are also very nice people.
7. Harrison\'s Bird Food
- you can find info about this pellet here. They also make treats.
8. BEAK APPETIT
- this is a company that sells organic food for your parrots that you actually have to cook. My parrots love this food!! They have all types of choices!!!!
9. FEATHER FANTASY
- Another great shop full of toys, cages and all kinds of feed.
10. COMPANION PARROT QUARTERLY
- one of the best places on the net to find articles about diet, weaning, parrot behavior and species related problems. They sell a magazine, great books and a series of video tapes. A MUST VISIT PLACE!!!
11. CORKY\'S ORGANIC
- Now this palce everyone will love!She has cockatoos and sells pre-cooked treats and cakes and all sorts of organic food. I bought a sample of each a while ago to try them and boy they were sooooo good my too loved it. Sometimes I feel lazy to cook something, or just don't have enough time, and her products are easy to prepare! She's has great treats as well.
12. CRAZY CORN
- the same kind of company like Beak Appetit mentioned above, but they have a different variety of foods to cook for your pet. Great website.
13. WHITE WINGS FARM
- An eclectic selection of grains and fruits, veggies, herbs and spices combined in ways varied and sundry to create porridges, breads and small treats. All natural ingredients, NO added sugars, salt or artificial anything ...and absolutely NO preservatives.
14. GREY FEATHER TOYS
- All Natural Parrot Foods & Heat n Serve Meals: No Sulfites. No Preservatives. No Colors. 100% natural—offering a combination of Organic & Human Grade ingredients.
Also offering bird safe toys made with all stainless steel hardware! Play Gyms, Swings, Oxyfresh, Oxine Disinfectants, which are the safest cleaners to use around your birds and in their cages!!!!
Well, these are almost all of the websites I have. I'm sure you and your toos will love them! Please, it would be great if you could share some of your websites too. I'm sure some of you have great links to visit.
I hope you all enjoy this list!!! My toos certainly doo!