Someone the other day commented on how glad they were to see I fed mash too. Heres my receipe:

Basic Mash for anyone who may be interested.

1 bag dried mixed beans (the soup kind, don't use the seasoning pack)
1 bag frozen/canned(2) black eyed peas
1 bag frozen/fresh carrots, chourse chop
1 bag frozen mixed veggies (mix of your birds choice.)
1/2 bag frozen peas
1/2 cup fresh snap peas
4 small fresh tomatoes, course chop
2 large potatoes, course chop
5 large green cabbage leaves (or not) chop small
2 large bunches of fresh brocolli course chop
1/4 box instant brown rice
4 hard cooked eggs, course chop
1 apple, course chop
a few handfuls of fresh blueberries/raspberries/strawberries/other yummy fruit.
Optional:
oatmeal,bananas,sweet potatoes,barley,pasta,etc (you get the picture)
First cook the beans 1 and 1/2 hours: until almost soft (basically follow directions on bag). Then add the rest of the ingredients except the rice and the peas and cook until all is fairly soft. Turned off the heat, add the rice and peas and let set for about 15-20 minutes. Oh you can food process it if you want it smooth and silky... like a veggie shake for birds.
You can serve warm/room temp/cold. Freeze in ice cube tray for serving portions.
Let bird walk through bowl as they get under foot while your mixing the COOLed stuff. They will enjoy getting a free taste test,poop,poke and flick, etc... (you get the picture.)

I feed this in the evenings for dinner, or more depending on the bird. Often if left chunky I will mix in a couple of seeds of choice and pellets. It makes the pellets all soft and slimey (For those loveies that like to dunk there food in water).
Once cooled this is a great way to add any powered Vitamins, Molting additives or anything else you have wondered how your going to get you bird to eat. Do not however add medications as you can never factor in the FLICK ratio.