Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 75 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#261413 - 05/23/19 11:33 AM Umbrella's Diary  
umbrella Offline
umbrella  Offline

Singapore
Basic info
B-day-7th July 2012
Gender-Female
Fav Toy(s)-Foraging toys and pillows
Type-U2
Fav food-for now I'll give oranges and mango
Hate(s)-Banana(s),not being able to see me when I bring her out,being on the floor and welp,mirrors
Love(s)-Being on the same level as me,showering/water,ice cubes,going out,head rub rubs and proud to say,MEH!!!!

Hello!
#261414 - 05/23/19 11:42 AM Re: Umbrella's Diary [Re: umbrella]  
umbrella Offline
umbrella  Offline

Singapore
May 23rd

Umbrella is alive and well,plucking is not found yet.Stayed in the bathtub for 20 minutes while I try desperately to get her out grin .Went out again today ( goes out every two days for 2 hours give or take each).Saw some sparrows and 2 crows cawing,freaked out when she saw the crows but did not fly off ( if she did she wouldn't be on my desk now with some corn )
( I am trying new fonts in these following paragraphs so if the font is different,it means nothing,yet)
[i][/i] there is some construction going on lately that lasts throughout the afternoon in my neighbourhood and the noise is annoying her majesty.Is there anything that I can do?Other than shutting the windows and doors cause it doesn't help.
[b][/b]Other than that,there is nothing much today,just some daily routines and that's it.Thanks for reading! smile
p.s. damn the fonts ain't working but nevermind

Last edited by umbrella; 05/23/19 11:43 AM. Reason: font problems not solved

Hello!
#261415 - 05/24/19 10:27 AM Re: Umbrella's Diary [Re: umbrella]  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
Honestly right now you are beyond lucky if you are bringing her out with out a harness. Even birds that do not routinely fly are able to get frightened and fly catching a breeze. Cassie only goes out in a small cage, her carrier or a stroller for her safety.
With the outside noise if you take her to the window you can make it into a game. Each time there is a loud noise cheer and clap. I have found with my girl that for the most part outdoor noises are easily overcome with some positive reinforcement. If she is able to see a crane or something really large like a tree picker I shut the curtains and turn up the volume on the music.
When I suggested to you to start a diary I didn't mean on here. I'm talking about either on your computer or on a note pad. Something that you are able to bring to the vet if needed.

Last edited by BE2Cassie; 05/24/19 10:28 AM.

Nancy & Cassie BE2
#261416 - 05/24/19 11:35 AM Re: Umbrella's Diary [Re: umbrella]  
umbrella Offline
umbrella  Offline

Singapore
hmmm...but I could still post it here right? I could get some advice too,right?The game sounds like a good idea so I'll try it tomorrow.Also,she doesn't have a harness and the park where I am at has a basketball court which is fenced up like a cage so I let her free flight there.There is also a open field which is there as well but if I bring her there,I'll stay safe and let her wear a harness (though with much struggle).

May 24th
Nothing much,both me and her afternoon naps were disturbed by the noise.So she chewed the half-chewed miserable and depressed sofa AGAIN...Welp,I guess that I'll let her be,anyways the stuffing is safe to chew and big so she can't swallow them.She flew onto the dining table immediately at dinnertime and with a flap of her wing and a 'kick',got her dinner ( rice,cabbage,chicken,banana(oranges are now a treat),some seeds and pellets) flying off at the speed of an atomic bomb.*sigh.More cleaning up and dinner remake for her dearest majesty...as usual...
If you want to own a cockatoo,get ready to clean up mess daily and be broke wink

Hello!
#261417 - 05/25/19 11:15 AM Re: Umbrella's Diary [Re: umbrella]  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
My girl is a huge mess maker also. For dinner I use a small cage that I can pull up to the table. She eats with us but doesn't run through our food any longer. This also saves on waste of food and does cut back on some of the mess, not all of it.
You can always get help here. If you have new questions it's best to start a new thread in the appropriate forum. Example diet, behavior etc..

Nancy & Cassie BE2
#261418 - 05/25/19 11:45 AM Re: Umbrella's Diary [Re: umbrella]  
umbrella Offline
umbrella  Offline

Singapore
ok,thanks!

Hello!

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny