Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 14 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#261361 - 02/08/19 05:55 AM thank you!  
Coco.stu Offline
Coco.stu  Offline

I used to have a cc2, she was in her 40’s and rehomed to me from an older woman moving into a condo. Daisy was amazing, showers & snuggles.. you name it she was a total sweetheart to everybody. I was so lucky. We had 4 years together and she died of cancer.
I’ve recently been in that cockatoo dream again. I was seriously thinking about taking on a 6 year old goffin. I have a child and got to researching. I found this site and I’ve decided against one for another 10+ years.

Thank you to all the members for your love & dedication to these gorgeous birds. Thank you for taking the time to give some real and solid advice. Even when it’s obvious that a person jumped into owning one, everybody still treats them with kindness. There are so many positive examples and you guys have made this an open and welcoming group. You all have really lucky Toos.
❤️

Last edited by Coco.stu; 02/08/19 05:56 AM.
#261362 - 02/08/19 10:50 AM Re: thank you! [Re: Coco.stu]  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
Coco.Stu I'm so happy the site was so useful for you. Children and toos can be difficult for sure but many people do it and many others wait until they know they have the time to commit to a too. When you're ready so will a bird be ready for you. The rescues are full of cockatoos of all ages. It hasn't ended sadly the breeders breed and the toos get dumped.
Please feel free to come back anytime. We are not as busy as we once were but there is always someone checking on here daily.

Nancy & Cassie BE2
#261363 - 02/11/19 03:51 AM Re: thank you! [Re: Coco.stu]  
EchosMom Offline
EchosMom  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Florida, USA
Nancy is right, when you decide the time is right for you and your family, there will be a bird waiting for you! I’m glad that you found Mytoos educational and useful!

Having young children and cockatoos is challenging and I know firsthand. I got my first cockatoo when my youngest was 3 and I had not done my research. This site opened my eyes to what I was up against. I am happy to say that my youngest is now 20, and Echo will be turning 17 in April and the bond between the two is beautiful. Not every family is as fortunate though!!

Best of luck to you and your family!

Birds are angels who lift us up when our own wings forget how to fly.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!" ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

Noelle, A Rehabilitation in Progress

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny