Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 50 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#239488 - 11/15/11 07:56 PM Fiona's New Hoodie  
Volk Offline
Volk  Offline

Wisconsin
So, I decided to order a new hoodie from Avian Fashions. I got the idea from someone here who uses a feather protector and has had success. (I don't know if I'm allowed to be more specific than that..? My goal is to give due credit where credit is due but I don't want to offend anyone or break any forum rules either(Moderators feel free to tweak or edit))

Anywho, my thinking behind this was to help prevent Fiona from feather chewing and maybe get some new growth going. Besides that, she looks just 'too adorable in her little hoodie and she LOVES playing with the beads on the lanyards (what a great distraction from feather chewing!) Plus, I can hide uncooked spaghetti noodles in the hoodie pocket which keeps her busy. laugh

I just had to share a few pictures of her cuteness. I think I may be a little happier about the idea than she is wink Enjoy!

http://m92.photobucket.com/albumview/alb...dc.jpg.html?o=2

http://m92.photobucket.com/albumview/alb...dc.jpg.html?o=3

http://m92.photobucket.com/albumview/alb...5c.jpg.html?o=1

http://m92.photobucket.com/albumview/alb...06.jpg.html?o=0

-Dani & Fi

#239490 - 11/15/11 08:35 PM Re: Fiona's New Hoodie [Re: Volk]  
Amystar Offline
Amystar  Offline

Dani Fiona is just adorable! I love her hoodie.
Amy

#239493 - 11/15/11 10:42 PM Re: Fiona's New Hoodie [Re: Volk]  
Anniesmom Offline
Anniesmom  Offline

Fort Worth, TX
Ooh she looks as cute as a button and not too bothered by the hoodie, she needs to get with my Annie so they can show off their outfits together.

Lisa
#239494 - 11/16/11 12:26 AM Re: Fiona's New Hoodie [Re: Volk]  
EchosMom Offline
EchosMom  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Florida, USA
She's adorable and so are the hoodies! Have you checked out the holiday line of hoodies yet by AF?? Two of my girls (M2's) are in the feather protectors w/hoodies overtop and they have been a God send for us!!

Birds are angels who lift us up when our own wings forget how to fly.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!" ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

Noelle, A Rehabilitation in Progress
#239499 - 11/16/11 12:36 AM Re: Fiona's New Hoodie [Re: EchosMom]  
MissYumYum Offline
Lives Here
MissYumYum  Offline
Lives Here

Dallas, Texas
What a little doll! She looks very happy with her stylin' outfits!

Annette

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step - Old Chinese Proverb
#239529 - 11/16/11 08:11 PM Re: Fiona's New Hoodie [Re: Volk]  
Volk Offline
Volk  Offline

Wisconsin
Thanks guys, I think I'm more thrilled than she is =} And thanks EchosMom, the feather protectors are next on my list of purchases. I did see the new holiday ones and they are too cute. Thanks for all the compliments!

#239533 - 11/16/11 08:20 PM Re: Fiona's New Hoodie [Re: Volk]  
Ellen W. Offline
Ellen W.  Offline

Columbia, Maryland
I am so jealous. Annie just eats hers. Your girls are so stylin' and my girl looks like a chewed up dishrag. wink

Mom to Annie B.,Molly,the Keet Family, Zeke the Pug, Ivan the Terrible, Edison and Einstein the Cats
#239547 - 11/17/11 12:39 AM Re: Fiona's New Hoodie [Re: Volk]  
Anniesmom Offline
Anniesmom  Offline

Fort Worth, TX
Ha ha Helen my Annie looks like a chewed up dishrag in clothes as she just has to preen them, just like children too's like to mess up their clothing.

Lisa
#239552 - 11/17/11 02:12 AM Re: Fiona's New Hoodie [Re: Anniesmom]  
Janny Offline
Janny  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Canada
LOL that makes me think of the time I had to put a sock buddy on Helen my goffin because she chewed a little hole on her back.I will post picks of her creations with the sock buddy...

Helen 1

Helen 2

The funniest is when we went to the Avian Vet I thought I had cleaned her little sock out enough...when they cut the sock off her she had corn,grapes,pasta,peas,pellets...all kids of stuff crammed into the heal part of that sock...everyone cracked up laughing at her efforts to store her food!

Jan

Sometimes damaged goods are the best gifts the world has to offer
#239572 - 11/17/11 04:48 PM Re: Fiona's New Hoodie [Re: Janny]  
FeatheredAngels Offline
Lives Here
FeatheredAngels  Offline
Lives Here

Fiona is just adorable in her new hoodie, she looks like a model posing smile

Originally Posted By: Janny
LOL that makes me think of the time I had to put a sock buddy on Helen my goffin because she chewed a little hole on her back.I will post picks of her creations with the sock buddy...

Helen 1

Helen 2

The funniest is when we went to the Avian Vet I thought I had cleaned her little sock out enough...when they cut the sock off her she had corn,grapes,pasta,peas,pellets...all kids of stuff crammed into the heal part of that sock...everyone cracked up laughing at her efforts to store her food!

OMG I remember these pics! Absolutely Adorable and I still say she is quite the little designer :P

Deborah
A Too is not a pet, it is a choice for life!

#239579 - 11/17/11 10:51 PM Re: Fiona's New Hoodie [Re: FeatheredAngels]  
zorastro Offline
zorastro  Offline

AZ
She looks so cute! If you or anyone can help me getting Fred in hers I would appreciate it! I've tried the method from Avian Fashions, and she does great until I try to get them on her. I actually think maybe it's me... I get nervous about hurting her... and I think she feels that.. Any help would be appreciated! laugh

Z~
#239582 - 11/18/11 12:23 AM Re: Fiona's New Hoodie [Re: Volk]  
Volk Offline
Volk  Offline

Wisconsin
LOL! those pictures of Helen are too cute!

Julie, I am lucky Fi is so young she really doesn't put up much fuss about wearing the flight suit and hoodie. She is so gentle with her beak that I am simply not afraid of taking a bite. There are several times she should've drawn blood on the vet when I took her in for the first time in her life but didn't leave so much as a mark on his fingers! Aussi (SC2 - r.i.p.), on the other hand would go for blood every time so I got very nervous around him and his beak and would NEVER have attempted to adorn him with a hoodie or feather protector without the assistance of another person to restrain him. I have come to the conclusion that Aus was, unbeknownst to me, feeling so crappy that I now don't blame him for using his beak to try to express this to me.

Anyway, Fred is a she? =} If she lets you handle her face and wings with no signs of stress I would have to think she's picking up on your nervousness and emanating it. I take Fi's head in my hand, index finger and thumb under her lower beak, using my other three fingers to spread open the neck opening of the hoodie and guide her head through.

Jan I just love those pictures of Helen!

#239585 - 11/18/11 05:27 AM Re: Fiona's New Hoodie [Re: Volk]  
Janny Offline
Janny  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Canada
Well thank you so very much! I am rather smitten with Fiona's pics too! I love the sweet goffins faces.They look so innocent on the outside but are real terrorists. wink

Jan

Sometimes damaged goods are the best gifts the world has to offer
#239588 - 11/18/11 10:23 PM Re: Fiona's New Hoodie [Re: Volk]  
Ellen W. Offline
Ellen W.  Offline

Columbia, Maryland
Helen is a babydoll and she certainly knows how to accessorize! I love that story.

Mom to Annie B.,Molly,the Keet Family, Zeke the Pug, Ivan the Terrible, Edison and Einstein the Cats
#261320 - 01/07/19 06:39 AM Re: Fiona's New Hoodie [Re: Volk]  
Eavenoi74 Offline
Eavenoi74  Offline

Fleece hoods and textured jacket are better for winters. Got to know about many sites selling superb sportswear. Liking pretty ultracor and tees the most. Also was impressed with the budgeted accessories sold on discounted prices. Everything I want to buy is in my cart and just will show once to my sister before clicking the order.

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny