Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 47 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#261273 - 09/27/18 07:01 PM Hi There  
CujosMom Offline
CujosMom  Offline

I originally joined this board back in January of 2005 when my then 12 year old Moluccan Cockatoo was very, very sick. I'm happy to say that Cujo hasn't had a hiccup since and he's now 25, happy and healthy smile Big shout out to anyone from that time that may still be on the board smile I had to re-register for the site because I couldn't remember my old password or email used back then but my username is close (used to be cujos_mom). I came back to the board today because I need a new supplemental heat source for Cujo's room and thought I would check here to see what you all are using nowadays. With that, I'll go check out the threads smile

#261274 - 09/27/18 08:42 PM Re: Hi There [Re: CujosMom]  
Brandy's mom Offline
Lives Here
Brandy's mom  Offline
Lives Here

W. Tennessee
I thought I remembered that sign in name!! Great to see you here!!! Happy to hear that Cujos is still doing well. If you remember we had a big post about what we all used for extra heat. Most of us used the electric oil filled enclosed heaters. We all agreed that the new heaters should first be run outdoors to burn off any manufacturing oils or such Then to be wiped down with a vinegar/water solution. I still use mine and don’t forget to watch the humidity as the heaters take a toll on our birds sinus and dry skin. The ‘old’ gang is headed back to home base. Yeah!!

Man has turned Earth into a hell for animals.
Arthur Schopenhauer
#261275 - 09/28/18 12:13 PM Re: Hi There [Re: CujosMom]  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
Hi It's good to see you back on here! Wonderful news that Cujo is a happy and healthy big guy now. I also use the oil filled radiant type of heater. I bought two of them when my furnace failed. I was shocked on how well they work. I can heat a 10'x12' room in the dead of a New England winter easily and never put it on high. They are also fairly inexpensive to purchase. I forget the brand I have but I got mine at Lowe's for around $70 or so and that was at least 8 years ago. I love them. I keep both of them handy in the house in case we need them. I use one of them in the room with Cassie when the weather gets extreme. It can get chilly in the bedroom at night. The heater keeps it warm. Set on low it can get too warm!

Nancy & Cassie BE2
#261276 - 09/28/18 01:33 PM Re: Hi There [Re: CujosMom]  
CujosMom Offline
CujosMom  Offline

Hello Brandy's mom and BE2 Cassie! Thank you for the welcome back. I remember you both! Can't believe how time flies. LOL, about the oil filled heaters. That's what I have used for years (I must have purchased my first one because of the post you mentioned Brandy smile ) The most recent one lasted me through the past winter and spring but it's time for something new. There are so many choices available nowadays but of course as bird moms we can't just use anything and have to be concerned about Teflon coatings/etc. Guess I'll just head to Lowes for a new oil filled heater smile Thank-you, ladies!

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny