Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 22 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#261116 - 04/18/18 11:39 AM Toothbrushes as Toys  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
Cassie enjoys the social aspect of "tooth brushing" with us. She has an entire ritual ending with her declaring "all set" once she has had a drink after brushing. Removing the soft plastic grips on the handle is her idea of tooth brushing. At first I was concerned about her ingesting the plastic but she doesn't and the vet wasn't concerned. A couple of days ago someone shared an article about toothbrushes causing metal toxicity. I pulled apart Cassie's toothbrush and sure enough there were small metal clips to hold the bristles in place. I have stocked up on these toothbrushes so plan to remove the brush section from each of them instead of disposing them. It seems this is common practice used in the better grade of brush along with the inexpensive brushes.
https://myparrotjourney.wordpress.com/2013/02/17/toothbrushes-as-toys-why-it-isnt-a-good-idea/

Nancy & Cassie BE2
#261120 - 04/22/18 03:34 AM Re: Toothbrushes as Toys [Re: BE2Cassie]  
EchosMom Offline
EchosMom  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Florida, USA
Thanks for the important information, Nancy! Echo likes ripping the soft grips off as well, I will check the bristles of brand I buy in the morning.

Birds are angels who lift us up when our own wings forget how to fly.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!" ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

Noelle, A Rehabilitation in Progress

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny