Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 23 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#261104 - 04/04/18 03:09 PM Happy Rescue News!  
Trixieb Offline
Trixieb  Offline

Escondido, CA
I have a rescued Goffin. I've only had him for 3 weeks. He has a long way to go, but I've been feeding him fresh food along with a seed pellet mixture and he's been doing really well. Yesterday I got a shipment of TOPS pellets. I was concerned he would throw them out like he does other food he doesn't care for. I put them in his "treat" bowl. To my surprise he gobbled them up. I added some to his seed mixture and he scraped through the seeds to get to the pellets!! I am so thrilled! One problem solved, now just to get him to let me touch him!

Andy's Slave.
#261105 - 04/05/18 01:33 AM Re: Happy Rescue News! [Re: Trixieb]  
Charlie Offline
Admin
Charlie  Offline

Admin
Chained to the Computer

Covington, LA USA
Glad to hear your optimism! A positive attitude can make all the difference in the world when taking on cockatoos. Sure, it is challenging but they really adapt well over time when in a loving and enriched environment. You will have down times and they will be the telling times. If you can stay positive and wade through the tougher patches, it will pay off.

Thank you for taking this little guy on and I hope you will make use of the large data base we have to help you.There are just so many variables involved with parrots and their caretakers. I want to wish the best but I also read your dog post and you were given excellent advice. Take care and be very cautious in the first year as disaster can be at hand.

Welcome to Mytoos! smile

#261107 - 04/06/18 05:25 PM Re: Happy Rescue News! [Re: Trixieb]  
Trixieb Offline
Trixieb  Offline

Escondido, CA
Thank you. He's doing pretty good and we are taking it slow. Figuring out what he like and doesn't like, just so happy food isn't going to be an issue and we can work on him being more comfortable. He's gobbling up his pellets as we speak and eating his brocolli. It's funny, he still likes to "crack" his pellets on the bars. Hopefully that will stop soon. creates a lot of waste! smile

Andy's Slave.

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny