Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 83 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#260835 - 12/04/17 03:19 PM Hi from Nevada  
Malida&Matt Offline
Malida&Matt  Offline

Hi everyone!

My fiance Matt and I are very excited to be here. We've been following discussions for a while now. We have read so many threads and still reading!
We have 1 green cheek conure named Pina, 1 sun conure named Trico, and our newest addition to our family, our Umbrella cockatoo named Asuna.
Asuna is what is bringing us to this site. We have had her for 1 week now and we were not told that she was hormonal so we are dealing with that! We were told she is 2 years old, although Matt believes she is closer to 3. We definitely know she is hormonal and we are also dealing with a change is diet... the previous owner had her only on sunflower seeds and peanuts frown she also bonded with Matt and believes he is her mate so we are also fighting the one person bird issues. We are taking her to the vet this week and I will be posting a separate thread about what we are going through for advice.
We wanna give her the best life possible !

Thank you for your time and we can't wait to get some feedback!
-Malida

#260837 - 12/04/17 05:31 PM Re: Hi from Nevada [Re: Malida&Matt]  
EchosMom Offline
EchosMom  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Florida, USA
Welcome to Mytoos! If Asuna is only 2-3 she is too young to be experiencing hormonal behaviors. If what you are seeing is hormone related my guess she is much older - 7-8 years at least.

Birds are angels who lift us up when our own wings forget how to fly.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!" ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

Noelle, A Rehabilitation in Progress
#260839 - 12/04/17 07:23 PM Re: Hi from Nevada [Re: Malida&Matt]  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
Welcome to Mytoos.

Nancy & Cassie BE2
#260843 - 12/05/17 02:46 AM Re: Hi from Nevada [Re: EchosMom]  
Malida&Matt Offline
Malida&Matt  Offline

Thanks EchosMom! We feel she is definitely having hormonal behaviors but won't know forsure until Sunday. I wouldn't be surprised if the owners lied to us about her age either...😕

Thanks BE2Cassie! I see both yours and EchosMom on alot of threads and have taken alot of your advices to others to help with our situation and research!

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny