Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 40 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#260787 - 11/17/17 06:20 AM Love their voices?  
NorthernLights Offline
NorthernLights  Offline

Am I the only person who actually enjoys the sounds that parrots & cockatoos make? Not just when they speak human languages, but even the very loud screeches of the macaws and large cockatoos. I know a lot of people find bird voices harsh, but somehow they don't grate on me at all -- I actually find macaw sounds very soothing. One day, when I am out of school and have time, I'd like to volunteer at a bird rescue.

#260788 - 11/17/17 11:00 AM Re: Love their voices? [Re: NorthernLights]  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
Volunteering at a rescue is a wonderful idea. They are so in need of help with all of the birds that they take in. Some of the noises that Cassie and my boarders make I don't even hear anymore unless I sit down and just listen. Most folks don't like having the conures around because they can be so high pitched. Screeching can sometimes get on my nerves but only if I have a headache. M2s when I'm close to one and they let loose with some good old window shattering squawks will send me for the ear plugs. My favorites to just sit and listen to quietly are the budgies. Their chatterings to each other I find so calming.

Nancy & Cassie BE2

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny