Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 71 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#260199 - 12/22/16 04:22 AM Re: ''Where are they now'' I often wonder [Re: wishfull]  
angelinasmom Offline
Lives Here
angelinasmom  Offline
Lives Here

michigan
still here. just not as much time. working 50 hours. didn't forget anyone here. just busier. miss you all

#260200 - 12/22/16 04:25 AM Re: ''Where are they now'' I often wonder [Re: Rocky From Oz]  
angelinasmom Offline
Lives Here
angelinasmom  Offline
Lives Here

michigan
Yay rockie. remember you. glad you are doing well

#260679 - 09/06/17 02:35 AM Re: ''Where are they now'' I often wonder [Re: wishfull]  
Jerry Offline
Founder
Jerry  Offline
Founder
Lives Here

Ohio Valley
Hi all! I'm still alive, and check-in every now and then. I miss the old gang also.

We spent 12 hours a day, especially towards the evening and nights talking to each other and helping people. The thing I remember most unfortunately is going to bed in a sweat, because we had some knock-down drag-out argument that evening. It was really tough back in the late 90s forward to convince people not to buy from breeders. Even had Florida breeders after me to the point that I had to get the FBI involved.
After about 5 years of non stop battles, I had to back off before I blew a gasket. wink Well.... that and the fact that a certain person came-in and convinced half the people that she was right and I was wrong, so they started their own thing. They all later found out that she was a crook and a liar and came back for the most part.

Anyway, I talked to Mona every night for years, and I miss our conversations. I had her e-mail address right up to a year ago and I've lost it. If anyone has it, let me know.

Meanwhile, glad to see the chat still going strong! Glad to see that people have more questions about their rescues than the Too they just bought at the pet shop.

One more thing before I leave: Is it just me or is the board experiences technical issues? I see what area's where posts should be.

Take care everyone! grin

#260681 - 09/06/17 12:25 PM Re: ''Where are they now'' I often wonder [Re: wishfull]  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
Hi Jerry nice to hear from you. It is nice to see so few people asking for advice on breeders. Hopefully most people are adopting.
With the last update to the board I had to go in and reset my preferences. Once I did that it returned to normal. Hope that helps.

Nancy & Cassie BE2
#260682 - 09/06/17 08:48 PM Re: ''Where are they now'' I often wonder [Re: wishfull]  
RB2sMom Online
Lives Here
RB2sMom  Online
Lives Here

Lilburn, GA
Great to see you back Jerry! I know of several pet stores in my area that do not sell cockatoos anymore because people would return them when they "misbehaved" or they just did not want to deal with them. Thankfully, they quit selling macaws also. Most of them are selling small birds like budgies and cockatiels.

I think that there are fewer questions also, because there is such a wealth of information here, that all you have to do is run a search and find an answer to a question.

Our RB2s are doing well. I come here most every day, but do not say much unless I have something to offer or want to add a comment like today.

I had to go reset my preferences also, which helped with tech issues as well. A lot of people like me lost their avatar also, when Photobucket started charging for that service of displaying images in forums.

Last edited by RB2sMom; 09/06/17 08:49 PM.

Susanne
Our flock: 2 RB2s
Our herd & rescue: turtles, tortoises, other reptiles
#260826 - 11/30/17 06:46 AM Re: ''Where are they now'' I often wonder [Re: Jerry]  
Mona Offline
Lives Here
Mona  Offline
Lives Here

This is so bizarre. For some reason I started taking a walk down memory lane and thinking about the years I spent here from the day it opened Jerry and I thought we were going to be blacklisted by every parrot breeder on the Internet (and we were!) because our views were so radical back then. so I peeked in tonight and actually saw this thread and was shocked that anyone even would remember some of us that were here in the beginning.

I am very happy to see that this board is still here and active, it makes me so proud to have once been a part of it. So many great people that I’ve lost touch with especially my oldest and dearest friend Jerry. I miss our daily talks Jerry which is why it was so bizarre for me to choose now to pop in and see this thread.

This board started small and grew as more and more people realized that we were here and agreed with our agenda....And wanted to be a part of our dream. Without those brave people willing to give us a chance and agreed with our mission there would have been no Mytoos. Those with experience and knowledge of what it’s really like to be owned by a parrots joined us and we became a family, each of us trying to teach and at the same time learn from each other. I always hoped along the way that we got through to some of the people that just did not understand and made a difference in their birds lives.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and thank you for carrying the torch, it’s a wonderful thing to see. :-)

#260827 - 11/30/17 01:24 PM Re: ''Where are they now'' I often wonder [Re: wishfull]  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
Mona it's so nice seeing you on here. Its been a long time. Even though we are not quite as busy daily as we once were we continue to get new members from time to time.

Nancy & Cassie BE2
#260831 - 11/30/17 09:52 PM Re: ''Where are they now'' I often wonder [Re: Mona]  
Jerry Offline
Founder
Jerry  Offline
Founder
Lives Here

Ohio Valley
Hey girl! Glad to hear you're still alive! I wanted to send Santa Mona to you this year but lost your address. I know how much you loved "Santa Mona". Hahahaha
(I've sent "Santa Mona" to her every year for almost 20 years)
laugh

#260832 - 12/01/17 03:48 AM Re: ''Where are they now'' I often wonder [Re: Jerry]  
Mona Offline
Lives Here
Mona  Offline
Lives Here

yes I am still around, and you know I miss my special Santa Mona card every year ! I look more and more like it every year, LOL can you get my email address from whoever handles the board now? I would love to chat with you and catch up. I’m too paranoid to put my email address or phone number on a public board.

Cassie I remember you also, it’s been a long time but I still see some very familiar names here and that’s wonderful that you guys have continued to be here to help those in need of great advice!

#260838 - 12/04/17 05:33 PM Re: ''Where are they now'' I often wonder [Re: wishfull]  
EchosMom Offline
EchosMom  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Florida, USA
Hi Mona, nice to hear from you!

Birds are angels who lift us up when our own wings forget how to fly.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!" ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

Noelle, A Rehabilitation in Progress
#260841 - 12/04/17 09:23 PM Re: ''Where are they now'' I often wonder [Re: wishfull]  
Mona Offline
Lives Here
Mona  Offline
Lives Here

Janet! so nice to know you were still here :-) I had no idea. I’ve lost touch with everyone.

#260842 - 12/05/17 02:41 AM Re: ''Where are they now'' I often wonder [Re: Mona]  
Jerry Offline
Founder
Jerry  Offline
Founder
Lives Here

Ohio Valley
Hey Mona... you on Facebook?

#260848 - 12/07/17 04:58 PM Re: ''Where are they now'' I often wonder [Re: wishfull]  
jm47 Offline
Chained to the Computer
jm47  Offline
Chained to the Computer

central Iowa
I see Nancy and Charlievon facebook, and "talk" to both. PJs mom is working in sanctuary, and we post back & forth. Kim Hannah is relocating EAST (her in-home rescue) to allow her to have big outdoor aviaries further from neighbors who were being disturbed by the vocalizations.
Erin is still on facebook, still involved with birds (she has a coyple now) but Chewy decided, a couple of years ago, I think, that he liked her caregiver better than he liked Erin, and after some back-and-forth visiting, is now in the caregiver's home.
Her present birds are a green cheek conure and a cockatiel. Since she also has a seevice dog and a cat, Chewy had become very disgruntled about the changes in the homeflock, it sounded like to me (the old service dog and both Erin's cockatiels died, fairly closevtogether, and then there was the new dog, and some birds that someonee had released and Erin managed to bring inside, whom she rehomed, but it was all a lot of confusion for a while.)
I communicate with ber frm time to time. She spends time on another board, or perhaps several, and also has had several surgical procedures, which involved long stays (weeks, or months, at a time) out of her apartment, with the birds boarded somewhere.

Jody
#260849 - 12/07/17 05:25 PM Re: ''Where are they now'' I often wonder [Re: wishfull]  
jm47 Offline
Chained to the Computer
jm47  Offline
Chained to the Computer

central Iowa
I am in hospice care, and that is a long, somewhat humorous tale. Have been classified as "Stage IV cancer since 2010, but in late -'15 was having increased pain, and had finally gotten the old medical bills paid, mostly, so went to see a doctor. Knew that cancer was about to try to kill me, butvthey spent 3 or 4 months taking pictures, and making referrals to other docs, who wanted more photographs. . .finally began chemo in March, 2016, and immediately got worse. (Unsurprising) By the time there was a response to my calls, they just installed me in a wheelchair and moved me to ER, where I was informed that I had about 2 weeks to live unless I accepted a transfusion. (I was onvulsing with pain, and the picture-taking crew refused to allow time for administration of pain meds)
Well, I am not inclined tonwant to complicate things by introducing strangers' blood, with an unknown mix of bloodborne pathogens and immune deficiencies, into a sytem with plenty of deficiencies of its own, so I said, okay, you are not qualified to say how long I live. God determinescthat, and if it's my time to go, no medical stuff can stop me, but if not, nothing can kill me.
So they finally quit taking pictures and started pain-relief, and told us to go home and plan thevfuneral.
Well, we did. Planned both of our funedals, while we were at it, since we will have the "packaging" cremated, and be buried together. I took a nap, and then another. Didn't die. Got bored instead, so one day, I said, "Let's gonto the zoo". Well, my loving hubby pushed me around the local zoo in the wheelchair, occasionally relieved by my approaching-retirement-age baby brother, and I felt a lot better! Continued doi g that as long az the zoo membership was active.
Haven"t died yet. I have been told (day before yesterday) that I was "the only deadperson I know who is still buying yarn for new projects". The speaker went on to say that if God is like our parents, I will probably have to stay here until all those projects are finished!

Phrederick Pheatherpants and Billy are still with us, still not playing nicely together, but having tantrums when out of each others' sight, and Bill"s spoken vocabulary is increasing as he observes us interacting with Phred.
Phred is 27, and Bill still hasn"t told us his age, but he sedms to think he is boss ofvthe household.

Jody
#260850 - 12/07/17 06:17 PM Re: ''Where are they now'' I often wonder [Re: jm47]  
Jerry Offline
Founder
Jerry  Offline
Founder
Lives Here

Ohio Valley
It's one of those rare posts that you really dont know what to say, but hang in there anyway. I've looked down that same road for years now and have decided that all my best days are behind me and the future looks like "Ground Hog Day", where every new day is the same as the last. So I can look forward to my (and all of our) inevitable outcomes with no sorrow and even possible relief.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny