Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 73 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#260199 - 12/22/16 04:22 AM Re: ''Where are they now'' I often wonder [Re: wishfull]  
angelinasmom Offline
Lives Here
angelinasmom  Offline
Lives Here

michigan
still here. just not as much time. working 50 hours. didn't forget anyone here. just busier. miss you all

#260200 - 12/22/16 04:25 AM Re: ''Where are they now'' I often wonder [Re: Rocky From Oz]  
angelinasmom Offline
Lives Here
angelinasmom  Offline
Lives Here

michigan
Yay rockie. remember you. glad you are doing well

#260679 - 09/06/17 02:35 AM Re: ''Where are they now'' I often wonder [Re: wishfull]  
Jerry Offline
Founder
Jerry  Offline
Founder
Lives Here

Ohio Valley
Hi all! I'm still alive, and check-in every now and then. I miss the old gang also.

We spent 12 hours a day, especially towards the evening and nights talking to each other and helping people. The thing I remember most unfortunately is going to bed in a sweat, because we had some knock-down drag-out argument that evening. It was really tough back in the late 90s forward to convince people not to buy from breeders. Even had Florida breeders after me to the point that I had to get the FBI involved.
After about 5 years of non stop battles, I had to back off before I blew a gasket. wink Well.... that and the fact that a certain person came-in and convinced half the people that she was right and I was wrong, so they started their own thing. They all later found out that she was a crook and a liar and came back for the most part.

Anyway, I talked to Mona every night for years, and I miss our conversations. I had her e-mail address right up to a year ago and I've lost it. If anyone has it, let me know.

Meanwhile, glad to see the chat still going strong! Glad to see that people have more questions about their rescues than the Too they just bought at the pet shop.

One more thing before I leave: Is it just me or is the board experiences technical issues? I see what area's where posts should be.

Take care everyone! grin

#260681 - 09/06/17 12:25 PM Re: ''Where are they now'' I often wonder [Re: wishfull]  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
Hi Jerry nice to hear from you. It is nice to see so few people asking for advice on breeders. Hopefully most people are adopting.
With the last update to the board I had to go in and reset my preferences. Once I did that it returned to normal. Hope that helps.

Nancy & Cassie BE2
#260682 - 09/06/17 08:48 PM Re: ''Where are they now'' I often wonder [Re: wishfull]  
RB2sMom Offline
Lives Here
RB2sMom  Offline
Lives Here

Lilburn, GA
Great to see you back Jerry! I know of several pet stores in my area that do not sell cockatoos anymore because people would return them when they "misbehaved" or they just did not want to deal with them. Thankfully, they quit selling macaws also. Most of them are selling small birds like budgies and cockatiels.

I think that there are fewer questions also, because there is such a wealth of information here, that all you have to do is run a search and find an answer to a question.

Our RB2s are doing well. I come here most every day, but do not say much unless I have something to offer or want to add a comment like today.

I had to go reset my preferences also, which helped with tech issues as well. A lot of people like me lost their avatar also, when Photobucket started charging for that service of displaying images in forums.

Last edited by RB2sMom; 09/06/17 08:49 PM.

Susanne
Our flock: 2 RB2s
Our herd & rescue: turtles, tortoises, other reptiles
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny