Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 12 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#260617 - 07/06/17 12:51 PM Buying a Galah  
Det Offline
Det  Offline

hi everyone,
i live in Australia and have a strong and passionate love for Galahs. i have wanted one as a pet for years, and i think i'm finally ready!
Let me say now, i am a minor, i still live with my parents, i've only owned budgies and tiels before and i want to buy a handreared baby, not adopt.
I know i may sound like a heartless monster, only out for my own needs, not thinking about the Galah, but i'm really not. I've been researching A LOT and know lots of pet Galahs and have observed lots of wild ones. i am currently saving up for 2018's breeding season. i have found a breeder, not through a Pet store or large bird network, just a small reputable business.
I have read the Mytoos.com website and know you hate cockatoos as pets, but if anyone has some really helpful information, please do share 🙂

#260618 - 07/06/17 09:13 PM Re: Buying a Galah [Re: Det]  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
You WILL NOT get help here. I've already told you how we feel about the breeding and purchasing parrots. My suggestion is visit rescues and tell the people who work there why you don't want to adopt. You have shown your immaturity by being rude here. You are more than welcome to stay and read but do not ask for help again or you risk being banned.

Nancy & Cassie BE2
#260619 - 07/07/17 03:18 AM Re: Buying a Galah [Re: Det]  
EchosMom Offline
EchosMom  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Florida, USA
Ditto what BE2Cassie said!!!

Birds are angels who lift us up when our own wings forget how to fly.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!" ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

Noelle, A Rehabilitation in Progress
#260620 - 07/08/17 09:06 AM Re: Buying a Galah [Re: Det]  
Det Offline
Det  Offline

wow...good bye website
don't worry, i've found another forum that's really good
thought you guys would share your knowledge. How am i being rude? i'm VERY offended. ban me for all i care, i'm not coming back

#260621 - 07/08/17 12:21 PM Re: Buying a Galah [Re: Det]  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
If you truly loved Galahs you would want them all to be wild. Those that are in captivity need help for a reason and you happen to be one of the reasons. You're young, with all of life's changes still ahead of you. School, dating, marriage, children, career all will come and cut into your babies needs. Once you get caught up in all of it who is going to take care of this bird when it starts screaming because it's stuck in a cage 24/7 while you enjoy life? I can tell you, the rescues will take in your baby because they are the people who are passionate about birds.

Nancy & Cassie BE2
#260622 - 07/08/17 09:25 PM Re: Buying a Galah [Re: Det]  
RB2sMom Offline
Lives Here
RB2sMom  Offline
Lives Here

Lilburn, GA
I would just like to add, being the "mom" of two galahs; I always imagined what it would be like to have my galahs flying free in their native land with other galahs. You have it better than any of us in that you can watch galahs and other beautiful Australian parrots fly free and observe their behavior in the wild; it is like living in your own aviary. I would love to look out my window and see these beautiful birds flying around, eating, interacting, building nests in trees, etc. I could never see putting these guys into cages just to have a pet.

I would encourage you to become interested in the abundant bird wildlife you have in your country, and observe the galahs and others in their native habitats. Get involved with local birding groups and study and observe the birds in their natural habitat. If you want more interaction with galahs, you could volunteer at a local rescue and help care for galahs that cannot be released into the wild.

Susanne
Our flock: 2 RB2s
Our herd & rescue: turtles, tortoises, other reptiles

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny