Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 44 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#260550 - 05/28/17 09:31 PM Current Board Operation  
Charlie Offline
Admin
Charlie  Offline

Admin
Chained to the Computer

Covington, LA USA
I spend less time on the board than I used to. When I log on now to check things I notice that the number of users is usually very high. We used to be more social as a group and I was never very comfortable with that. We used to be more confrontational to posters and I think things are better now. We do not see the number of posts that we used to. I see this as members using this site for what it is intended to be, a clearinghouse of useful information, articles and discussions about cockatoos.

If you are a member reading now, we would welcome your input either in this post or starting your own. We are interested in whether you are finding the information that you need, whether it was useful to you and even the ease of using the site. Has the search engine served you well? All input is welcome.

I would also like to say a BIG thank you to the Moderators that monitor this site. They have all been doing this for years now and they are the best! When situations need to be addressed or answered, they are always there. I think this is amazing and I am grateful for you all!

Thank you all as members. The large usage numbers seem to imply that we are still performing a worthwhile service. This is easily the biggest and best source of true cockatoo help that anyone will ever find, and we don't have sponsors! We tell it like it is and we have no reason to present things in a super rosy light. Cockatoos are serious business and they need our help. Thank you all for being a part of it!

#260553 - 05/30/17 06:26 PM Re: Current Board Operation [Re: Charlie]  
EchosMom Offline
EchosMom  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Florida, USA
Thanks to Admin, Charlie and Michael too for all you do. And of course thanks to the founder Jerry for seeing the need for this site!

Birds are angels who lift us up when our own wings forget how to fly.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!" ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

Noelle, A Rehabilitation in Progress

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny, Michael