Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 85 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#260447 - 03/23/17 02:47 PM I'm back! Finally...  
Janny Offline
Janny  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Canada
Well after a much needed break and focus on getting things in order around my home and health I'm back. It's been a while.

I guess I can just get right to it. My health was in the dumps. Had a scare with cancer. Cancer free 4 years now!!! Yay me!!! Had an angina attack a few years ago. Blood pressure and cholesterol way out of control. Found out asthma was rearing its ugly face. That's been a huge struggle to get under control.

I've had to since all of this downsize the birds I had. I'm now down to a manageable number. It's been so emotional around here moving the birds to their new homes. I get steady updates. All are doing fantastic. Couldn't be happier.

After the downsizing I lost my most recent rescue Nigel my umbrella cockatoo. I was hanging out with him on the couch he was having a blast talking away giving me kisses. He made an odd sound and went limp on me. I tried to revive him but I honestly think it's near impossible to do. It hit me quite hard initially. I am at peace with it now. I gave him what he needed for his last years here. His previous owner was a hoarder charged and forbidden to have pets again in one province. Then moved to another and started over again. She was again charged and all pets seized. Nigel was in some rough shape and was supposed to be euthanized due to his possibly needing surgery and overall health. He was full of infection and we took care of that and his prolapse corrected. Just had to keep him stress free and hormones in check. He was actually doing very well until. Of course I will always miss him. He was such a good boy and so much fun. But he's free now from any constraints captivity has given him. ❤

Still have Bailey my Moluccan Cockatoo,Helen my Goffins, my two African greys. Soon ang will be joining a family as well.

My breathing has already improved considerably. I have two large purifiers going in their room. Diligently cleaning to keep the dust under control. I can't believe how much extra time I have now...18 birds in one home was way too many. I can deal with this now lol

Can't wait to hear how everyone is doing!!!!

Jan

Sometimes damaged goods are the best gifts the world has to offer
#260452 - 03/23/17 08:31 PM Re: I'm back! Finally... [Re: Janny]  
Charlie Offline
Admin
Charlie  Offline

Admin
Chained to the Computer

Covington, LA USA
Glad you are back and in better health. All is well here but getting old is not for sissies!

#260453 - 03/24/17 03:46 AM Re: I'm back! Finally... [Re: Charlie]  
Janny Offline
Janny  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Canada
You're not kidding! I am still fairly young but the way I've broken down lately kinda makes me wonder what getting older is going to be like lol

Jan

Sometimes damaged goods are the best gifts the world has to offer
#260455 - 03/25/17 12:14 AM Re: I'm back! Finally... [Re: Janny]  
bellesmom Offline
Lives Here
bellesmom  Offline
Lives Here

So glad to hear you are better! Sorry to hear about Nigel, I know he had a good home with you. Everything is about the same at my house, hormones are getting under control and everyone seems content for the time being. I need to post some updates on Angel and Footie, cant believe how time flies, they have both found their place in the family and are doing well. Glad you are back and still cancer free!!!

#260457 - 03/25/17 01:42 AM Re: I'm back! Finally... [Re: Janny]  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
Janny it's wonderful seeing you on here again. I'm so sorry about everything that's been thrown your way, seem unfair to say the least. We've missed you.

Nancy & Cassie BE2
#260460 - 03/27/17 08:09 AM Re: I'm back! Finally... [Re: Janny]  
EchosMom Offline
EchosMom  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Florida, USA
Welcome back, you've been missed!

Birds are angels who lift us up when our own wings forget how to fly.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!" ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

Noelle, A Rehabilitation in Progress
#260461 - 03/27/17 12:02 PM Re: I'm back! Finally... [Re: EchosMom]  
RB2sMom Offline
Lives Here
RB2sMom  Offline
Lives Here

Lilburn, GA
Glad to see you back! As we get older we all have medical issues. The important thing is that we are still HERE. Welcome back!

Susanne
Our flock: 2 RB2s
Our herd & rescue: turtles, tortoises, other reptiles

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny