Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 32 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#260362 - 02/07/17 08:11 PM Bird Anxiety  
Jackielu Offline
Jackielu  Offline

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Hey everyone,

I've had a serious problem with Paco, which began because of an evil neighbor.

Paco was a therapy bird for over 8 years; he was amazing. Then a neighbor started coming in my yard and antagonizing him. He became violent toward all women and even little girls. He would literally attack them. In every case I was the one who suffered the brutal attacks. I had to stop using for therapy.

I took him to his vet (a very amazing man). Paco was fine with all males. The vet told me to put a 3mg quick dissolve tablet of melatonin per 8 oz of water.

I seems to be working. I'm in the process of moving away form here, I keep his curtain shut (but he can still hear her) and I give him his melatonin each morning.

It's working, for 6 months I wasn't able to touch him. I can now get him out to preen & love on him. He won't stay out of his cage for very long (he gets too stressed) but he's making progress. We are slowly rebuilding trust.

His doctor assures me that after the move & we get settled in, I will be able to ween him off the melatonin & he'll get back to his wonderful self.

Anyway, this melatonin thing might help someone.

Thanks

Last edited by Jackielu; 02/07/17 08:14 PM.
#260363 - 02/08/17 03:42 AM Re: Bird Anxiety [Re: Jackielu]  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
Thank you for sharing. Hopefully things will be back to normal soon for all of you. Please keep us updated on how Paco is doing.

Nancy & Cassie BE2

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny