Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 10 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#260145 - 12/10/16 08:15 AM Hi from New York  
Atiggerx33 Offline
Atiggerx33  Offline

Hi, I just joined the forums, initially planning on getting a cockatoo, which I still may do eventually. Thank you for the eye opener though. No matter how unprepared I was (and again thanks for making sure I wasn't) the parrot would have had a home for life. I am of the opinion that adopting any pet, especially one as smart as a parrot, is a commitment to that animal for life; whether theirs or, in the case of parrots, possibly yours. I currently am the mommy of a Blue Fronted Amazon that I took in, and actually have many questions about, which I'll be posting in the appropriate section. I hope you guys can be of help with him, as I'm a bit lost. I've looked at a lot of the Amazon posts already, but hope to get some more specific advice regarding this parrot as an individual.

#260148 - 12/10/16 09:36 AM Re: Hi from New York [Re: Atiggerx33]  
EchosMom Offline
EchosMom  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Florida, USA
Welcome to Mytoos!!

Birds are angels who lift us up when our own wings forget how to fly.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!" ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

Noelle, A Rehabilitation in Progress
#260152 - 12/10/16 10:22 AM Re: Hi from New York [Re: Atiggerx33]  
Atiggerx33 Offline
Atiggerx33  Offline

Thanks for the welcome EM. I have read a lot of your posts here.

I love how the forum members don't sugarcoat anything, lol. You're all polite and honest with people, even those who mess up, as long as they have their featherbutt's best interests at heart; yet God help the person who arrives here who is not only ignorant, but refuses to learn. I happen to have the same attitude, mistakes happen, but you should be eager (and thankful) to be able to get advice from people with more experience, and it drives me nuts when people don't have their adopted baby's best interests at heart.

I accept that I know very little about the parrot who got stuck with me. Before taking him in I knew next to nothing about his species or him as an individual. However, since I did take him in I've made it my duty to learn all I can to better his life, and am looking forward to learning more from those with experience from any large parrot (I've had tiels, but never a large parrot). My goal is to make his life as pleasant as possible. Even if I never get the relationship I want with him, my boy will have a home for life.

#260154 - 12/10/16 03:10 PM Re: Hi from New York [Re: Atiggerx33]  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
Welcome to Mytoos.

Nancy & Cassie BE2
#260156 - 12/10/16 05:39 PM Re: Hi from New York [Re: Atiggerx33]  
Atiggerx33 Offline
Atiggerx33  Offline

Thanks

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny