Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 89 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#260033 - 10/22/16 02:44 AM Bathing  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
Cassie has always been great about taking a shower. She started taking them as a baby. She always refused to take a bath in a bowl or sink. She always acted like the sink was going to eat her. Tonight out of the blue while "brushing her teeth" she decided that a bath in the sink would be a fun thing to do after all. Unfortunately I had to stop her because it was too close to bed time. She brushes her teeth/beak nightly as just a fun thing. Fun thing translates into destroying a toothbrush. She has never showed any interest in the sink itself. Sunday morning I think I will try an early "Beak brushing" and see how a sink bath works out. Looks to me that it may be a whole lot easier way of bathing the little girl.

Nancy & Cassie BE2
#260044 - 10/27/16 12:35 AM Re: Bathing [Re: BE2Cassie]  
EchosMom Offline
EchosMom  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Florida, USA
I wish my girls enjoyed bathing! All four of them become indignent when I force the issue.

Birds are angels who lift us up when our own wings forget how to fly.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!" ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

Noelle, A Rehabilitation in Progress
#260045 - 10/27/16 01:58 AM Re: Bathing [Re: BE2Cassie]  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
I missed my opportunity with Cassie taking a bath in the sink. She now thinks that the sink is out to eat her. I think I will remain thankful that she enjoys the shower.

Nancy & Cassie BE2
#260110 - 11/26/16 12:13 AM Re: Bathing [Re: BE2Cassie]  
Beeps Offline
Beeps  Offline
Lives Here

I love these stories of their personalities!

My grey hates apples. I've probably tried at least 150 times a year for the past 14 years. Once she ate some, but it was some weird heirloom variety that I've never been able to find again (was taking part of an apple CSA that year.)

Maybe Cassie will surprise you again someday!

#260111 - 11/26/16 01:20 AM Re: Bathing [Re: BE2Cassie]  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
She just may. I'm lucky with the apples, only one she has ever eaten is common. She loves her green Granny Smith. The darker the skin the better and tarter it is.
Now if I could just find a sweet potato or carrot that she would eat. Like you she gets them at least 150 times per year.

Nancy & Cassie BE2
#260113 - 11/27/16 01:17 AM Re: Bathing [Re: BE2Cassie]  
Nemo22 Offline
Nemo22  Offline

Monterey CA
In our first year together,Nadia trained me to enjoy the full shower experience.I obviously wanted her to become a good bather,so initially I put a stand in the shower,took my shower with her,and splashed her,and danced around like an idiot,showing her how much fun it all is.This all happened over about a six week period.
She showed great interest and was very wary of the actual shower stream,so I put her on my shoulder and slowly began leaning her ever so gently towards the stream.
But,Nadia wanted to do this on her terms,so she did something,that to this day,I find quite extraordinary.As I leaned her in to the shower stream she gently grabbed my ear in her beak,and when I went too far,she slowly increased the pressure on my ear,and then,of course,I would back off and she would lighten up.This tactic went on for some time,at least a month or so.
Finally she was in the full stream and loving it.She stopped the ear holding,and from then on takes her whole shower in the full stream,dancing and prancing and 'Singin in the Rain' our favorite bathing soundtrack.
I'm so impressed that she wanted to do something that frightened her initially,but found a way to overcome her concern and enjoy the experience.
AmazIn Beings they be.
................and so it goes.

John ๐Ÿ˜Š and 'The Clean Machine 'Nadia๐Ÿšฟ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny