Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 80 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#259685 - 06/04/16 02:10 PM Zupreem fruit pellets changed again?  
RB2sMom Offline
Lives Here
RB2sMom  Offline
Lives Here

Lilburn, GA
Here we go again. Several years ago we all noticed when Zupreem fruit pellets lost their fruity smell and just smelled like generic cereal type pellets. My new bags that I just bought do not have the fruity smell and have little or no smell again. My RB2s noticed the difference and have not been eating much of them (eating other foods that I give them). I am going to try to contact the company to see what gives.

Has anyone else noticed that recently purchased Zupreem fruit pellets have lost their fruity "juicy fruit" like smell and has it affected the eating of these pellets by their birds?

Susanne
Our flock: 2 RB2s
Our herd & rescue: turtles, tortoises, other reptiles
#259687 - 06/06/16 04:05 PM Re: Zupreem fruit pellets changed again? [Re: RB2sMom]  
RB2sMom Offline
Lives Here
RB2sMom  Offline
Lives Here

Lilburn, GA
I was going to try to edit the original one but could not figure out how to do it, even though I had done it in the past. It seems from the Zupreem reply, that they left out the fruity flavor and smell out of this batch in error.

Here is the complete reply:

Thank you for contacting ZuPreem.

I am sorry for your recent experience with our FruitBlend diet not having the fruity aroma. The fruity smell is an applied aroma, and it appears that we this batch did not have the aroma applied. I can assure you that the aroma does not affect the nutrition of the product and it is perfectly safe to feed. All of our products are tested prior to being released to ensure that all nutritional values are being met.

However, we do have a 100% money back guarantee on all of our products and all of our products are refundable. If you try one of our products, and it does not meet your expectations, you may return the barcode and "best if used by" date including the lot number from your bag along with your sales receipt to the store where it was purchased for a complete refund.

Please let me know if you have any concerns or questions about the lack of the aroma, and we appreciate you letting us know about this. If there is anything additional I may assist you with, please let me know. Thank you, and have a wonderful day!

Susanne
#259694 - 06/07/16 12:38 PM Re: Zupreem fruit pellets changed again? [Re: RB2sMom]  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
Where you able to get your money back or exchange the bag? Thanks for sharing and giving a heads up to the others that use it.
The edit button on the bottom right of post is there for a short time only after posting.

Nancy & Cassie BE2
#259695 - 06/07/16 04:07 PM Re: Zupreem fruit pellets changed again? [Re: BE2Cassie]  
RB2sMom Offline
Lives Here
RB2sMom  Offline
Lives Here

Lilburn, GA
When there was a recall some years ago for another problem, I was able to get my money back and new pellets.

However, Hannah and Harry started eating these pellets again, so I am not returning them as there is no other problem with them.

I think my RB2s are getting set in their ways, only wanting things they are used to.

As for the edit problem, figured it was something like that, but wanted to be sure I was doing things right. wink

Susanne

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny