Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 88 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#258377 - 05/05/15 03:01 AM Return from vacation/different reactions  
Beeps Offline
Beeps  Offline
Lives Here

My two parrots (timneh grey and caique) spent the past two weeks with my parents as I had a week's vacation and then had to work very long hours for the following week to catch up, and I knew they'd get more attention at my parents' house.

My parrots love my parents (well, my caique just loves my mom) and have known them for 13 and 11 years, respectively. I got regular updates about their antics.

My grey was so happy to see me! She couldn't stop making happy sounds, wouldn't leave my side, giving me kiss sounds, etc. Still, though she's calmed down a bit and has quit regurgitating.

On the other hand, my caique is still mad at me, and I've had him back for over two days now.

I just love their different personalities. So interesting to live with these intelligent, amazing creatures.

#258380 - 05/05/15 04:07 AM Re: Return from vacation/different reactions [Re: Beeps]  
Chucki's Dad Offline
Lives Here
Chucki's Dad  Offline
Lives Here

NW Ohio
Their varied personalities really are amazing. I think thats some of what makes them so interesting.

We went to Ireland for 10 days two years ago. We generally just go to our lake house for vacations and the birds go with us. So being completely away from them this long had never happened before. Our daughter, who was studying for the bar exam at the time said she could study just as easy at our house as her apartment so offered to bird sit. Plus she had been living at home when we acquired each of the birds so was familiar with them.

Our Tiel and Pionus could have cared less who was taking care of them. So for them it was business as usual. The cockatoo was a different story and she was not pleased I was not there. She walked the halls calling, screaming, and looking for me much of each day. Wandering the house is something she has never done before. After two or three days of this, the Too had gotten herself so upset she was vomiting. The daughter took the Too to the vet who administered a sedative to calm her down. When we finally returned Chucki just stared at me like "you did come back" or maybe "what the heck were you thinking."

Mark and Chucki (FMM2)

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny