Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 12 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#258090 - 02/20/15 02:12 AM Angel dog  
bellesmom Offline
Lives Here
bellesmom  Offline
Lives Here

Angel dog died this morning, in her bed. She had congestive heart failure and had not eaten much in two days despite the array of meats I cooked for her. We knew her time was close, I checked on her at 6am and gave her some meds and she curled u
Up on her heated throw that she loved, I covered her up and went back to bed. When I woke I just knew, I went to check on her first thing as I usually did and she was gone. I got Angel for my dad as company when my mom died and I used to joke that her little feet never touched the ground, they were inseparable and she gave a grieving old gentleman the will to live and helped heal his broken heart. When dad passed I inherited Angel and she loved the birds, she was my little helper, eating many dropped pellets and goodies left on the floor by the birds. She was the gentlest spirit, even birds in the yard never flew off when she got close, it was really unusual. In a way, it's like losing a part of my dad all over again. I love you Angel "bird dog" and your birdies miss you terribly, I'm going to miss you and look forward to seeing you on the other side of the bridge, you were a good dog.

#258091 - 02/20/15 02:19 AM Re: Angel dog [Re: bellesmom]  
Chucki's Dad Offline
Lives Here
Chucki's Dad  Offline
Lives Here

NW Ohio
So sorry for your loss. Pets leave such a hole in our hearts when they go. (((hugs)))

Mark and Chucki (FMM2)
#258092 - 02/20/15 02:48 AM Re: Angel dog [Re: bellesmom]  
Elliott Offline
Lives Here
Elliott  Offline
Lives Here

Tennessee
((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))

#258095 - 02/20/15 05:22 AM Re: Angel dog [Re: bellesmom]  
Brandy's mom Offline
Lives Here
Brandy's mom  Offline
Lives Here

W. Tennessee
OH Kim! I'm so sorry....When we talked I really heard the love in your voice when you told me the story about Angel dog. You had been out looking for her in the rain and were so happy to find her and get her all cleaned up and warm. You were so worried about how she would hold up to the experience. What a great Mommy you are. You are surrounded with love, I hope and pray that you and the flock carry each other through this.

((((((((((((((((((((Kim & Flock))))))))))))))))

Man has turned Earth into a hell for animals.
Arthur Schopenhauer
#258096 - 02/20/15 10:38 AM Re: Angel dog [Re: bellesmom]  
EchosMom Offline
EchosMom  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Florida, USA
I'm very sorry! Hugs from me to you.

Birds are angels who lift us up when our own wings forget how to fly.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!" ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

Noelle, A Rehabilitation in Progress
#258097 - 02/20/15 12:27 PM Re: Angel dog [Re: bellesmom]  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
I'm so sorry for your loss. Sounds like Angel Dog had a wonderful loving life with first your Dad and then you. (((hugs)))

Nancy & Cassie BE2
#258116 - 02/21/15 11:13 PM Re: Angel dog [Re: bellesmom]  
bellesmom Offline
Lives Here
bellesmom  Offline
Lives Here

Thank you all for the kind words and thoughts. Its hard not having her here, I find myself looking for her or starting to change her water dish. Winston let out a terrible moan when he realized she was gone, one I hope to never hear again. Riley covered my face with his wing as I sat on the couch crying. I it's amazing the love and compassion these birds have for not only their humans but for other animals in the house. Denise, I remember that day too, we were so worried about her and Riley sat by her side the whole time preening her ears. She will be missed.

#258120 - 02/22/15 11:19 PM Re: Angel dog [Re: bellesmom]  
Rescue M2 Mom Offline
Rescue M2 Mom  Offline

Colorado
I haven't been on in a while. So sorry for your loss. I wish there were something I could say that would help.

I remember Scooter despite his suffering trying to comfort Harley when he was shot. Harley mourned for days. Even my cat had a special bond with Scooter. I'm certain the whole household is grieving your loss.

I pray that all of you can get through this dark time and soon find joy rather than pain in all the good memories that you shared.

Nothing is so strong as gentleness,
Nothing so gentle as real strength.

Saint Francis de Sales

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny