Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 51 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#260322 - 01/28/17 02:49 AM Re: Cuddly and sweet, than attacking and biting. [Re: Christy Canning]  
Mango16 Offline
Mango16  Offline

Please help ! I have the same issues! I have a male u2 10 - 15th yrs old. I'm like the 3 or 4th home this guy has been too. He was all sweet and cuddly the first week or two and then boom, hates me lol. He fluffs up even if I walk by his cage, I've been good to him feed him get him out to play and he has all kinds of toys in his large cage and his play stand. I feed him out of my hand and sometimes he will step up for me but now he has started to bite and fluff every time I come around. I have put him in his cage for time out (should I get a smaller cage for time out only). He also likes attacking my feet but will snuggle and cuddle with my husband's feet. My husband can get him to step up but he doesn't mess with him much I'm the only one that does everything with him. And im the one always gets bit or pushed away... Am I pushing him to hard playing and to much busy body? Recommendations please.....

#260327 - 01/28/17 03:12 AM Re: Cuddly and sweet, than attacking and biting. [Re: Christy Canning]  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
You need to slow down with him. Right now is breeding season for these guys which doesn't help you. It looks like he has chosen your husband as his human. Try only being the person who brings him treats. If you can increase your value to him, it will increase his trust of you. It's difficult for you but if you are patient your patience will pay off. For my girl to accept my husband and son took her almost a year.

Nancy & Cassie BE2
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny