Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 78 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#257594 - 12/24/14 03:05 PM How do you include your Toos in Christmas dinner?  
bajarascal Offline
bajarascal  Offline

Do you make something special for your too at Christmas time? This is our 1st Christmas together and she loves her sweet potato so I'll be baking her some of that. I'm curious what other toos have liked from the Christmas dinner table. I'm thinking about making a little chutney (sugarless) pecans pieces, cooked carrot, celery, brown rice and dried apricots.

#257595 - 12/24/14 04:38 PM Re: How do you include your Toos in Christmas dinner? [Re: bajarascal]  
EchosMom Offline
EchosMom  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Florida, USA
That sounds like a Christmas feast sure to please! I don't cook anything special for them - they get a little bit of everything and portion is based on how healthy it is for the them.

Birds are angels who lift us up when our own wings forget how to fly.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!" ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

Noelle, A Rehabilitation in Progress
#257596 - 12/24/14 05:21 PM Re: How do you include your Toos in Christmas dinner? [Re: bajarascal]  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
Cassie eats with us, so like EM's flock she eats a little bit of what we are having. For my boarders over the holiday I try to include some of the more fun foods for them like brussel sprouts on the stem hung in the cage, squash cut in half hung in the cage. In the bowl fresh cranberries, peppers and assorted other fresh veggies mixed in a variety of cooked grains. I saw pomegranite in the store the other day so will be picking some up today for a messy dessert tomorrow.

Nancy & Cassie BE2
#257600 - 12/24/14 08:23 PM Re: How do you include your Toos in Christmas dinner? [Re: bajarascal]  
bajarascal Offline
bajarascal  Offline

I grabbed a pomagranite a few days ago as well and gave her 1/8 section and it certainly looks give a pink polka dot look on her chest.

About Christmas dinner I guess I'm concerned about all the salt, butter, cream, sugar etc that we add to our food to make it extra tasty this time of year.

#257601 - 12/24/14 11:05 PM Re: How do you include your Toos in Christmas dinner? [Re: bajarascal]  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
Most of what I give Cassie from our meal is thrown to the floor. She has to have a bowl with it though or she pouts. I give her two bowls at dinner one of people food and one of her good foods. I will normally put something on the top of the people food that I know she will eat and that's safe. Tomorrows safe food will be roasted cauliflower. Mashed potatoes will be on the bottom of her bowl where they will stay. She's happy so we all get to eat in peace.

Nancy & Cassie BE2
#257603 - 12/24/14 11:26 PM Re: How do you include your Toos in Christmas dinner? [Re: bajarascal]  
bajarascal Offline
bajarascal  Offline

They sure do know how to train us! Rosie loves roasted cauliflower too so I'll add some of that. She'll never eat it the next day though...

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny