Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 48 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#253741 - 10/30/13 09:15 AM Successful Gamble! (...So Far)  
AJMontyBird Offline
Lives Here
AJMontyBird  Offline
Lives Here

British Columbia, Canada
After consulting my vet and finding Aphrodite in good health, I've moved her into the living room with Zeus. Zeus, my 'tiel, is positively fascinated by her, and this seems to be reciprocated. For most of the morning Zeus was sitting on top of Afro's cage singing to her, and she was sitting on her swing and twittering back. I had some free time in the afternoon, so I settled myself within arm's reach and opened the little girl's cage. It took an hour or so, but she eventually wandered out after Zeus popped his head in and ate some of her food. They spent most of the evening on Zeus' manzanita stand, and took a nap together side by side after chowing down on some spray millet.

I'm really glad that they're getting on so well. Zeus already seems to be less interested in obsessing over objects (he's been picking a new one every other day and guards it rather aggressively. Lately it's been my laptop, which can be a real pain in my fingers!), and was instead fawning over Afro. My gamble is paying off so far, but it's very early in the relationship and I'll remain vigilant.

My flock: Monty (Eleanora/medium sulphur crested cockatoo), Benjamin Button (European Starling).
#253747 - 10/30/13 08:56 PM Re: Successful Gamble! (...So Far) [Re: AJMontyBird]  
Birdfriend Offline
Lives Here
Birdfriend  Offline
Lives Here

Englewood, NJ
grin "Afro." Very cool name. Very great. I knew a 'tiel named "Queenie" who had a most impressive "crown" of a crest. I'm glad things are going well.

alias: Birdfriend2 and Birdfreind2, re-registered to correct spelling!

original member #148, 255 total posts
#253752 - 10/31/13 05:26 AM Re: Successful Gamble! (...So Far) [Re: AJMontyBird]  
AJMontyBird Offline
Lives Here
AJMontyBird  Offline
Lives Here

British Columbia, Canada
They were sitting together for most of the day under my watchful eye, and Afro has been copying whatever Zeus does. It's really cute, and Zeus' friendliness towards me seems to be encouraging Afro to investigate. Today she stepped up without shying away after watching Zeus hop onto my hand to go back to his cage for bedtime.

Last edited by AJMontyBird; 10/31/13 05:27 AM. Reason: Added a bit.

My flock: Monty (Eleanora/medium sulphur crested cockatoo), Benjamin Button (European Starling).
#253765 - 11/02/13 09:39 PM Re: Successful Gamble! (...So Far) [Re: AJMontyBird]  
Birdfriend Offline
Lives Here
Birdfriend  Offline
Lives Here

Englewood, NJ
Oh, ya. "Birdie see, Birdie do" is one of my favorite plans. I used to visit with a "demo bird," my wonderful Blue Front Amazon "Boo" to show other birds that fruit was safe to eat, and that the new people were not trying to kill birds, and stuff like that.

alias: Birdfriend2 and Birdfreind2, re-registered to correct spelling!

original member #148, 255 total posts

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny