Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 32 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#250036 - 01/01/13 07:12 AM Re: beware reynolds oven bags!!! [Re: cocoluvbug]  
cocoluvbug Offline
cocoluvbug  Offline

wyoming
birdfriend.i dont insulate my windows.i dont use scented candles or any glade products. i definately do not use fabreeze in my house.no new appliances and no toys that heat up. my kids got mostly clothes and video games for christmas. no heat lamps or infrared anything. is there a chance that it was not the oven bag that killed my birds? possibly. but there is a better chance that the bag is the culprit. i really just want anyone with birds to know that there is a very big possibility that these bags killed my birds.if there is any chance at all that something could be harmful to my birds i would want to know. this is why i shared my story with you. i appreciate all the kind thoughts and prayers while my husband and i try to get over this tragedy. we are starting to put our life back together but without our beloved birds it is very quite and lonely. i hope one day we can overcome the fear of doing this again to another beloved bird and are able to entertain the idea of adopting another feathered friend. right now we are just trying to cope with our loss.we still have not heard from reynolds. after the holidays we are going to try to contact them to let them know what happened. we really just want them to be aware of what these bags could do.

#250041 - 01/01/13 11:54 AM Re: beware reynolds oven bags!!! [Re: cocoluvbug]  
BE2Cassie Offline
BE2Cassie  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Wrentham, MA
I'm so sorry for your heart wrenching loss. Please listen to the others and don't let this eat you up with guilt.
I have read of others having the same outcome after using oven bags but there is no known reason for it to happen. Hopefully they will be able to figure it out.

Nancy & Cassie BE2
#250061 - 01/04/13 03:46 AM Re: beware reynolds oven bags!!! [Re: cocoluvbug]  
cocoluvbug Offline
cocoluvbug  Offline

wyoming
My husband finally got in touch with reynolds company. they have said they are going to do further research to see what could have done this to our birds. my husband said they were very nice and were very sorry for what happened.They will contact us with what they find.I am so sad and lonely without my birds. it doesnt feel right to not have them here making noise and talking to me. i miss them so much. My husband has been looking into rescues to see if we can help another bird. we are not having much luck finding a rescue that is not ridiculously far away. there is one a couple hours from here that has lots of birds that need homes but they insist you live within 50 miles of them. considering how small a town the rescue is in that seems a little unrealistic. I dont even know if i am ready yet. My husband is just trying to do something to help. I suppose when the right bird comes along we will know if we are ready to take the next step.

#250063 - 01/04/13 04:03 AM Re: beware reynolds oven bags!!! [Re: cocoluvbug]  
Elliott Offline
Lives Here
Elliott  Offline
Lives Here

Tennessee
It's hard to replace a beloved pet. I have always waited till the right one finds me.

Every time I have been cooking since your loss I'm scared something is going to happen. Also, every little unknown smell gets me on edge.

#250483 - 02/03/13 07:14 AM Re: beware reynolds oven bags!!! [Re: cocoluvbug]  
Mina'smom Offline
Mina'smom  Offline

Pennsylvania
I am so so sorry. Yes, you must not blame yourself. We just can't know everything now adays that will hurt these fragile creatures. You must know that you're fibs are still with you always in your heart. I hope time helps to heal you. I know it's not easy. Sending lots of healing thoughts your way.

If there ever comes a day when we can't be together,keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever.
#250485 - 02/03/13 07:31 AM Re: beware reynolds oven bags!!! [Re: cocoluvbug]  
bellesmom Offline
Lives Here
bellesmom  Offline
Lives Here

I am just now reading this and so sorry for your loss, I know your hearts are broken. I cannot imagine losing all my flock like that. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers and I think Elloitt is right, the right one will find you when the time is right.

#260856 - 12/07/17 11:19 PM Re: beware reynolds oven bags!!! [Re: cocoluvbug]  
Jerry Offline
Founder
Jerry  Offline
Founder
Lives Here

Ohio Valley
A lady posted the same issue last week on Facebook; Here's what she said:

Please share so anyone with a bird will know never to use these... I have 50+ birds from Parrots to Parakeets..
Never ever again. Walmart substituted my two turkey breasts with a Jennie-O Turkey Cajun in a cooking bag. I know not to use non stick and gave all of mine away the first day I got birds and spent over $1k on Simply Ming cookware. Apparently the cooking bag is toxic to birds. Within 30 minutes of the turkey cooking in the oven my birds started dying. Mohamed AbouTaleb found the first two and I knew something was wrong. By the time he walked back upstairs more were dying. We literally grabbed cages and ran them outside. All the birds are in the garage tonight covered up. I lost nine of my babies. I'm heartbroken.. Minnie looked online and read that Reynolds and other cooking bags ARE toxic to birds.. I have books on birds and read extensively online before getting my birds.. I never saw anything before now that said cook bags were toxic. A warning needs to be on the label! 😢 My grandson just came home tonight after being born Thanksgiving - which is why we were making a delayed Thanksgiving dinner - and I have to wonder how toxic the cooking bag is for all of us, especially a little five week early preemie baby - if my birds died that quick. We will NEVER EVER buy another turkey in a cooking bag and will NEVER buy Jenny-O-Turkey again.. There should be a warning on the package that the fumes are toxic to birds!!! I never wanted a whole turkey to begin with and Walmart subbed it during a pick up order... You can't imagine how sad I am right now.. 😢☹️😢I AM JUST TRYING TO SAVE OTHER BIRDS AND KEEP OTHER BIRD FAMILIES FROM SUFFERING THIS TERRIBLE LOSS!!!!

Last edited by Jerry; 12/07/17 11:20 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny