Who's Online Now
1 registered members (bellesmom), 92 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#201157 - 05/18/09 06:07 PM Re: Mytoos Photo Story [Re: EchosMom]  
Janny Offline
Janny  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Canada
I will get on the pc tonight and upload that photostory to youtube and then it can be posted anywhere.

I am always on the iMac now and cant even view it anymore. lol. So later tonight I will do that.

Jan

Sometimes damaged goods are the best gifts the world has to offer
#201177 - 05/19/09 03:00 AM Re: Mytoos Photo Story [Re: Janny]  
Bird Mom Offline
Lives Here
Bird Mom  Offline
Lives Here

Maryland, USA
Any Utube can be posted on Facebook....

Gail
#201190 - 05/19/09 01:51 PM Re: Mytoos Photo Story [Re: Bird Mom]  
oliscot Offline
oliscot  Offline

Queensland, Australia
Tbankas Jan

Cheers

Olly

#207969 - 08/28/09 08:53 PM Re: Mytoos Photo Story [Re: Anonymous]  
jaznblu Offline
jaznblu  Offline

San Luis Obispo, CA
wow

jaz
#210936 - 10/20/09 08:42 AM Re: Mytoos Photo Story [Re: Michael]  
winnies mom1 Offline
winnies mom1  Offline

ypsilanti, michigan
After seeing Sophie at our rescue with a burn to her chest I thought it was maybe or only hoping it was only an isolated incident. How wrong I was. People have to be informed and educated on owing Toos, I am glad I am compassionate about animals that I will learn all I can about them. Thank you for this post.

You gotta love the baby
Winnie's mom
#214045 - 12/24/09 07:00 AM Re: Mytoos Photo Story [Re: Michael]  
GregM Offline
Lives Here
GregM  Offline
Lives Here

Staten Island, N.Y.
Originally Posted By: Michael
EDIT: Warning that this is a troubling video. It is very heart breaking. This is not a warm and fuzzy video.

Warm and fuzzy!?! I just read a few posts and decided to pass on viewing it...ignorance is bliss...

#214047 - 12/24/09 07:37 AM Re: Mytoos Photo Story [Re: GregM]  
Chewy Offline
Lives Here
Chewy  Offline
Lives Here

Washington
I've seen it before. Here of course. But man its sad to watch I kept looking at Chewy and telling him he better not turn out like that, though he may since he is a too. But you know? I will ALWAYS love him no matter what. No matter what he looks like.
My fear is that he will become amutilator. I don't know if I could take that. I would love him no matter what. But I don't know how I would be able to handle that. Not because it would "hurt" me to watch, but it would be horribly painful to him.
One of my friends said oh it doesn't hurt them they do it so slowly that it doesn't even bleed. YEAH sure. I love her to death (my friend) but she's gotta be wrong on that count. She's got two cockatoos, and one macaw and a african grey. I respect her as a knowledgeable person when it comes to birds, she used to be a Vet tech. I just don't think that she is right on this count.

look to your birds for love
Chewy RB2
Lightning-parakeet
Zeus-zebra finch
RIP
Eli
little foot Cockatiels
#214048 - 12/24/09 07:52 AM Re: Mytoos Photo Story [Re: GregM]  
EchosMom Offline
EchosMom  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: GregM
Warm and fuzzy!?! I just read a few posts and decided to pass on viewing it...ignorance is bliss...

Ignorance is bliss. I shared that theory, once upon a time. I didn't look at the heartbreaking pictures, videos, of photostories. Imagining the images was more than I could bear, much less actually seeing them. I pled my case to Matt, at the sanctuary. He told me that if I didn't look I would never understand the full magnitude of the problem. I looked. He was right.

Last edited by EchosMom; 12/24/09 07:58 AM.

Birds are angels who lift us up when our own wings forget how to fly.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!" ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

Noelle, A Rehabilitation in Progress
#214049 - 12/24/09 10:27 AM Re: Mytoos Photo Story [Re: EchosMom]  
FeatheredAngels Offline
Lives Here
FeatheredAngels  Offline
Lives Here

I completely understand how Greg feels, however I do read all the stories, I view all the pictures, and have shed many many tears. Some times it takes me awhile to get through the ugly tales and horrible pictures, and I have to go back several times to finish. The stories and pictures are etched in my heart and mind forever. So why do I do it, why put myself through it?

I do it for my love of every abused and neglected Feathered Angel out there who cant speak for themselves. Their stories need to be heard and retold, or their pain will never end, and stories like theirs will continue. It is much easier to pretend their is no problem, if you never look into the eyes of one who has suffered.

I do it because of my love for my own sweet Ozzy.

Deborah
A Too is not a pet, it is a choice for life!

#214057 - 12/24/09 05:34 PM Re: Mytoos Photo Story [Re: FeatheredAngels]  
cjm9000 Offline
cjm9000  Offline

florida
where is this website/video? although I don't need to cry any more than I do now

#214058 - 12/24/09 06:08 PM Re: Mytoos Photo Story [Re: cjm9000]  
Janny Offline
Janny  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Canada
It is on page one of this thread.Michael posted the link for us to see.

Jan

#214437 - 01/02/10 02:49 AM Re: Mytoos Photo Story [Re: Janny]  
Lucy's Mom Offline
Lives Here
Lucy's Mom  Offline
Lives Here

Parrish, FL
I read all the stories and I try to make sure that everything is accurate because there is a lot of inaccurate info out there. I cry a lot, too. I think you can't do rescue and care about animals without doing the hard part...which is - to me - knowing what is real and what isn't and how you can help.

I am really happy that I haven't turned into a cynic or someone who has hardened their heart. It is hard, though, to listen to the stories, see the animals when they come into the rescue or when we go pick them up...

Karen, Lucy (U2), BooBoo (CAG),Pina (BCC),Willie (Cockatiel),
Melody, Sonata, Penny & Dory(dogs)
#230121 - 02/03/11 02:22 AM Re: Mytoos Photo Story [Re: Diane048]  
LisaJoy Offline
LisaJoy  Offline

OMG I just watched that and can't stop crying now! How can ANYONE do that to such a beautiful and loving creature?? The only too toos I have ever met are my Nikki and my daughters umbrella, Furby. They are both so loving and sweet. I can't imagine ever wanting to hurt or not take care of either one of them! It is heartbreaking to watch that! To whoever made that, thank you! More people need to know about what is happening to these poor babies!

#230123 - 02/03/11 02:29 AM Re: Mytoos Photo Story [Re: LisaJoy]  
Janny Offline
Janny  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Canada
Thanks I made this a few years ago.Unfortunately captivity is what does this to the majority of cockatoos in our homes.Allot can have the best home,best family,and much love but most often they will break down from the stress of an unnatural life...it's a sad reality... frown Not all birds that were abused will show outward signs and not all that are happy will refrain from this.It's hard on them either way.

Jan

#230154 - 02/03/11 02:44 PM Re: Mytoos Photo Story [Re: Janny]  
Brandy's mom Offline
Lives Here
Brandy's mom  Offline
Lives Here

W. Tennessee
Maybe this should be viewed by all who register. Only given the registration form at the end of the video. (But then, you know what they say about opinions.)

Man has turned Earth into a hell for animals.
Arthur Schopenhauer
#230440 - 02/12/11 02:49 AM Re: Mytoos Photo Story [Re: Diane048]  
Jeana Offline
Jeana  Offline

This video saddens me to my very soul!!!, I couldn't finish watching, People who own these wonderful birds really need to watch this, I do everything i can to make sure my guy is as happy as he can possibly be, I would be horrified if my guys did anything to harm himself, thankfully he is fully feathered,
well done on the video!!!!!

#233350 - 05/02/11 05:50 PM Re: Mytoos Photo Story [Re: Jeana]  
mamabird Offline
mamabird  Offline

Ontario, Canada
Wow! Very powerful video. I agree that anyone even thinking of getting a too, or large bird for that matter should be made to watch this video. Our Rosie, M2 is a plucker. She plucks her upper chest mostly and left leg. I see her in a couple of the birds on the video. We adopted/rescued her 8mths ago seeing that she was a plucker. Her vet has her wearing a cone, but it looks like a mini satelite dish, nothing like the cones on the video.

#248774 - 10/24/12 08:20 PM Re: Mytoos Photo Story [Re: Michael]  
Feathered Love Offline
Feathered Love  Offline

Janny, do you mind if I post this on my youtube channel and facebook? It would help people see your video. I would give you/mytoos credit.

#248840 - 10/27/12 02:46 AM Re: Mytoos Photo Story [Re: Michael]  
Ricca Offline
Ricca  Offline

Kitchener, Ontario
My rescue Too was in a cage in the bottom level of a house with no toys, along with her brother. Both were in separate cages. The brother got adopted the day before I brought Ricca home and was fully plucked. (I would have brought them both home had I been there a day earlier) Ricca, as you can see in my avatar, is beautifully feathered despite her unfortunate past. I am concerned for her...brother is gone, new family, new environment. She is 4 years old, plenty young enough to create a lifelong bond. I have been researching the reasons why, but once medical is ruled out, it seems to be a complete nightmare getting this under control. I watched Janny's tribute video. I am horrified. In the near future, I am going to clicker train Ricca. I've got the clicker and I've got the resources. I want more for her than chew toys and cuddle time. I want to do activities with her. The intelligence of these birds is extremely underestimated by the average Joe who has never had the opportunity to live with and learn about these birds. Until last week, I was an average Joe and this is just the beginning. Truth ~ Is it inevitable that cockatoos WILL pluck at some point in their lives?

"You can tell the size of a man's heart by the way he treats an animal."
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny