Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 10 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#24695 - 07/31/04 02:44 AM Greenwing Stolen (Florida)  
hellobaby Offline
Lives Here
hellobaby  Offline
Lives Here

USA
This is the one I had mentioned in the combined post. A newer article came out...

http://www.thewpbfchannel.com/news/3595013/detail.html

Quote:
Parrot Plucked From Lake Worth Horse Stable
Big G Is Green, 3 Feet Tall
POSTED: 9:22 pm EDT July 29, 2004
UPDATED: 9:33 pm EDT July 29, 2004

LAKE WORTH, Fla. -- A Lake Worth family says someone stole their beloved parrot. His name is Big G, and he's hard to miss. He's a green-winged African macaw who is 3 1/2 feet tall. He has red hair, big black eyes, and a beak that's a little off center.

Robert Walley's family is a wild bunch; it also owns horses and dogs. A little more than two weeks ago, someone broke into Walley's horse stable and stole Big G. Walley said when he went to the stable, the parrot's cage was open and there were feathers inside. "His tail feathers usually are perfect and don't have all these marks," Walley said. "That's from someone grabbing in to yank him out of the cage."

Walley can't figure out why someone would steal the 2-year-old parrot, especially since right next to its cage was a $40,000 motorcycle and other expensive equipment. Whatever the reason, Walley wants the thief to know one thing. "It's like losing a kid," Walley said. "I could buy another bird but it's not Big G. My wife cries every night; we just want the bird back It will end up dying because it's away from me and my wife. It will put its feathers out."

They want the bird back fast, because his health. "It will end up dying because it's away from me and my wife," Walley said. "It will put its feathers out." Big G's wings are clipped, but he will be able to fly in about 45 days. There is a reward out for his return. If you have any information as to the bird's whereabouts, call the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office.

If you must cripple a creature
to keep it, perhaps you should
reconsider its suitability as a pet.
#24696 - 07/31/04 02:54 AM Re: Greenwing Stolen (Florida)  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh, thats awful! i hope they get him back, i'd offer the world to find my bird!

lnda2

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny