Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 49 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Search

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#240998 - 01/07/12 01:51 AM Agenda Debate!  
Janny Offline
Janny  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Canada
Anyone who thinks the Agenda of the board is wrong can take a look at the following photograph and tell me I should have paid the women who had this bird in the Classifieds trying her best and arguing to get $500 cash for a cage that hit the garbage and a bird that did not survive the YEARS of neglect this women subjected it too.Believe me the women was quite positive to get $500.She downplayed the injury and what I walked into was nothing to be what I expected.I was told it was a minor injury that just started a few months ago...

Buddy

Close up of wound

This is only a part of why Mytoos believes in RESCUE AND ADOPTION! At least it isn't a money grubbing piece of crap human trying to make money off a dying bird and that money goes to HELPING other birds!TRULY HELPING! Not giving money to some idiot that just wants to get rid of something but hates to let it go for free to someone who might care and help!

PS...the wound...it went 5 mm into his keel bone and his organs were shutting down from lack of healthy food and infection as well as gout.I did get this M2 for free after much pleading.He cost me over $900 in just a few days worth of testing and desperate attempts to save him.He could not be saved unfortunately.And the individual did get charged and can not own a domestic or non domestic animal for 10 years as well as having many fines.Did I not do the right thing?This was after being told that I shouldn't even bother contacting Animal Protection because they wouldn't do anything.She was just sentenced Thursday.

Last edited by Charlie; 01/07/12 02:48 AM. Reason: Let's get these pictures up there!

Jan

Sometimes damaged goods are the best gifts the world has to offer
#241001 - 01/07/12 04:49 AM Re: Agenda Debate! [Re: Janny]  
Birdfriend Offline
Lives Here
Birdfriend  Offline
Lives Here

Englewood, NJ
OMG. Thank you, Janny. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

alias: Birdfriend2 and Birdfreind2, re-registered to correct spelling!

original member #148, 255 total posts
#241002 - 01/07/12 05:38 AM Re: Agenda Debate! [Re: Janny]  
angelinasmom Offline
Lives Here
angelinasmom  Offline
Lives Here

michigan
Oh shit. Ok that probably isnt the right language. Im sorry. What a heartbreak this must have been for you. This is as you said adoption is so important Im so sorry for this bird. I know I would for no reason ever sell my birds and to see someone ask money for a bird , regardless of sick or healthy, just shows me that person doesnt care about them, and my hear breaks for this bird

#241004 - 01/07/12 05:50 AM Re: Agenda Debate! [Re: angelinasmom]  
MissYumYum Offline
Lives Here
MissYumYum  Offline
Lives Here

Dallas, Texas
This is about as clear an argument as can be presented to make the case for the MyToos Agenda! Thank you for posting! And thank you for doing all you could for Buddy. I am so glad that awful woman was successfully prosecuted and sentenced!!

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step - Old Chinese Proverb
#241008 - 01/07/12 07:34 AM Re: Agenda Debate! [Re: MissYumYum]  
FeatheredAngels Offline
Lives Here
FeatheredAngels  Offline
Lives Here

Originally Posted By: MissYumYum
This is about as clear an argument as can be presented to make the case for the MyToos Agenda! Thank you for posting! And thank you for doing all you could for Buddy. I am so glad that awful woman was successfully prosecuted and sentenced!!

Ditto and Amen!

Janny I am so proud you did all you could on this!

Deborah
A Too is not a pet, it is a choice for life!

#241019 - 01/07/12 05:58 PM Re: Agenda Debate! [Re: Janny]  
Brandy's mom Offline
Lives Here
Brandy's mom  Offline
Lives Here

W. Tennessee
It wasn't all that long ago you went through this. I remember reading your posts, I cried too. It tore your guts out, and I remember you posting that you didn't think you could go through it again.

To most of us here any animal will never be just a bird, just a dog, just a cat, fish, horse, ....

Bless you Janny!

Man has turned Earth into a hell for animals.
Arthur Schopenhauer
#241020 - 01/07/12 06:16 PM Re: Agenda Debate! [Re: Janny]  
tonitoo Offline
tonitoo  Offline

oh Janny, I am so sorry to hear you went thru this. Aweful. What a shock to see that photo on this thread, it is very necesary to actually see...to get an understanding to people that do not know.
I feel for you Janny.

#241023 - 01/07/12 06:30 PM Re: Agenda Debate! [Re: Brandy's mom]  
Janny Offline
Janny  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Canada
I honestly can not go through that again.It was the most heart wrenching thing I have ever had to go through.My heart ached so badly that this was the one I could not save and keep alive.I felt I had failed Buddy even though he no longer suffered I felt like the biggest failure.

If I wasn't able to talk this women into giving me Buddy I would have left him there and contacted the APO's and they would have been there to get him out.I can not find a justifiable reason to pay someone for doing this to any animal.Animals are not on this earth to make money from.Where people get the idea it is their right to do so...I will never understand.They have emotions,they have a right to a good life just like any human,they should have been left in the wild and natural.When we "buy" it only helps the market no matter who we "buy" from.I am not being a heartless jerk when I say it's a "pity purchase" and it's wrong! I have been in court over birds fighting for them.I don't just sit on my butt doing nothing! I help people understand what it is to care for such animals and try to get them to care for them properly and invest much time into doing so.Only to have them get a little progress and have them sell that same bird I have been grooming them into caring for...I see what these individuals that people believe are "well meaning" are like.I dare anyone to walk a mile in my shoes and then judge when I so strongly feel the Agenda of this board is SPOT ON! BUYING is wrong no matter what you try to tell yourself.Adopting is the only way to truly help those who help birds!Rescues go almost to the verge of bankrupt because when they are rescuing they are not paying for a bird but they are paying vet bills,food costs,allot of times replacing cages and overall caring for birds.Their adoption fee will barely cover the initial cost of getting a bird healthy again.We really need to think about this and make it clear that they are not getting rich off these rescued birds.They are barely surviving on donations and adoption fees.If you think about if I could have saved Buddy and set out to adopt him out later...an adoption fee might be around $700 for a large cockatoo here...That doesn't even cover my initial testing done on him in the first couple of days let alone treatments....sheesh people.Think of the big picture!

Jan

#241032 - 01/07/12 08:03 PM Re: Agenda Debate! [Re: Janny]  
FeatheredAngels Offline
Lives Here
FeatheredAngels  Offline
Lives Here

well said Janny!

Deborah
A Too is not a pet, it is a choice for life!

#241037 - 01/07/12 10:00 PM Re: Agenda Debate! [Re: Janny]  
Bogie's Buddy Offline
Bogie's Buddy  Offline

Ct
You did the right thing Janny!

#241043 - 01/08/12 02:03 AM Re: Agenda Debate! [Re: Janny]  
Lucy's Mom Offline
Lives Here
Lucy's Mom  Offline
Lives Here

Parrish, FL
Thanks for the post and for the reminder to us all that 'pity purchase' is just the same as supporting the bird trade. I think until people 'get this', it just doesn't register. This post really helps with that. You are an awesome mentor and I appreciate you and your sharing more than you can know!!!

Karen, Lucy (U2), BooBoo (CAG),Pina (BCC),Willie (Cockatiel),
Melody, Sonata, Penny & Dory(dogs)
#241047 - 01/08/12 02:16 AM Re: Agenda Debate! [Re: Janny]  
bellesmom Offline
Lives Here
bellesmom  Offline
Lives Here

I'm sure Buddy realized you loved him and were trying to help him. Hopefully, today he is flying free with all his feathers and waiting for the day when he can thank you properly. Im glad that woman was convicted, unfortunately it will not bring him back or come close to being what she really deserves. Some people will put the almighty dollar ahead of family, friends and their own dignity leaving them cold, heartless and unable to feel the pain of another. so many people measure happiness in dollars, never understanding or caring that others are in need or in pain, completely setting aside the feelings of any other being. The line to hell will be a long one. So, yes the agenda here is,, in my opinion, correct,breeders need to be stopped and the public needs to be educated. Thank you Jan for loving Buddy.

#241050 - 01/08/12 03:22 AM Re: Agenda Debate! [Re: FeatheredAngels]  
EchosMom Offline
EchosMom  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: FeatheredAngels
Originally Posted By: MissYumYum

Ditto and Amen!

Janny I am so proud you did all you could on this!

Dittos and Amens from here also. Janny I am sure that bringing Buddy's story to the forefront was difficult for you...as it was for many of us to remember as well. He is not forgotten and by sharing his story, his suffering and death was not in vain as you are using it as a teaching tool to prevent others from sharing a similar fate.

Birds are angels who lift us up when our own wings forget how to fly.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!" ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

Noelle, A Rehabilitation in Progress
#241064 - 01/09/12 02:12 AM Re: Agenda Debate! [Re: EchosMom]  
Janny Offline
Janny  Offline

Chained to the Computer

Canada
Thanks EM.As painful as it was.If it will help others understand why we are the group we are then I would do it again.

Thanks for the support everyone!Your kind words mean allot and offer allot of comfort!

Jan

#249474 - 11/26/12 05:30 PM Re: Agenda Debate! [Re: Janny]  
Reka Offline
Reka  Offline

Virginia
Good for you, I think the sentence were to light but they are what we have for now. If you were to do this to a child you would get life inprisonment I feel the same should be for any living creature minimum.

#249488 - 11/28/12 04:44 AM Re: Agenda Debate! [Re: Reka]  
jm47 Offline
Chained to the Computer
jm47  Offline
Chained to the Computer

central Iowa
Originally Posted By: Reka
Good for you, I think the sentence were to light but they are what we have for now. If you were to do this to a child you would get life inprisonment I feel the same should be for any living creature minimum.

Sad to say, there are a whole lot of criminals who not only have earned sentences more severe than they receive, but whose presence in society, walking around without restriction, is entirely unsafe for all of us. What any of us "get" is far less severe than we deserve. I can't think of any sentence I would see as "enough" for the sort of suffering that bird endured. However, I am not really convinced that I am able, in any way, to control or change the behavior of anyone, or to condemn them for stuff they do. I have done a lot of nasty things, as well.
If we were allowed to sentence abusive humans, whether their victims were animals, birds, children, or adults, to what we think are appropriate sentences, we might well fill all the prisons in the world for the next few centuries!
"Those who do not remember history are doomed to repeat it" is a modern paraphrase of (or perhaps a cpmment about) Ecclesiastes 1: 9-10, and applies to this as well as many other issues. The fact is, unless God performs some miracle (and He is in exactly that business) even an individual is not going to remember the past long enough to learn from it, much less a nation or a society. My only choice seems to be to continue to encourage individuals to behave as if they are indeed the images of the One perfect and loving GOD, and help them all I can. Laws don't seem to control human behavoir, nor do books, speeches, or other educational tools. May God give us renewed love and endurance to keep on with this work.

Jody
#250149 - 01/08/13 05:09 AM Re: Agenda Debate! [Re: Janny]  
PJsMom Offline
Lives Here
PJsMom  Offline
Lives Here

California
I have to agree with Mytoos agenda for myself personally. These pics are a startling reminder not to put money into the hands of $#>%! People who think that these precious souls are just a commodity to be bought and sold.

PJ owns 2 adults, 1 Grandma and everybody else is his playtoys.
#250192 - 01/11/13 01:42 AM Re: Agenda Debate! [Re: Janny]  
Reka Offline
Reka  Offline

Virginia
How can people sleep with themselves at night knowing that there is a living creature suffering like that in the next room. My rescue did not come from a abrusive situation, but a very loving home. But when my mother in law passed away it broke my U2 heart. I have done everything possible to make this easier for both myself and the new member of my family my U2. She has not pulled out her feathers and appears to be adjusting well. I just do not understand how people can be so heartless. I completely back the agenda and think more education is needed on the responsiblity of owning these birds. I just want to thank you for you help and support and for getting me off on the right foot with my rescue.

Moderated by  BE2Cassie, Beeps, EchosMom, Janny, Michael